Sealed room with co2

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by rapo9510, Jan 18, 2014.

1. What's up gc I'm running a 4x8 flower tent with a dwc set up . This is a upgrade from my 4x4 . I have invested some time and money in hopes of really tunning my space in . A sealed room is a new adventure for me so anybody with solid advice plz chime in !! I have 2 1000 watt lights in 6" radiant hoods I'm a little concerned that my 400cfm 6" inline won't keep the lights cool enough so I'm thinking of using my 12" inline and reducing it down to 6" So in a sealed room you pull air from outside the tent through the hoods and out the other side of the tent no exaust then must set up oscillating fans inside depending on temps you may have to run ac to keep the temps in check This is where the atmosphere controler comes into play which is new to me lol excited :: you program your day n night temps as well as co2 and rh. . plug in those appropriate equipment and the controller will keep the grow space at desired temp .. I really hope that I'm doing this rite I have NeverUsed a sealed room so I would appreciate any advice do I run a carbon filter in the tent with a fan just recirculating air ? Where do plants get air I'm assuming the co2 is the reason why we have always used intakes and exaust so implementing co2 there's no need ??... I'm hopping I dnt hv to run my split portable ac due to my limited 4x8 space if I do then I'm going to hv to come up with a system to run ac outside tent in a box and run a inline fane from tht ac box into grow space haha o man hopping I didn't bite off more then I can handle all help appreciated Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Bumb:!!Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Sounds fun... Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. In the end it will be .. I have to admit doing a sealed room is super expensive the last few days I have really been doing my HW chances are I will hv to run my ac and probably a dehumidifier as well Humidity is known to rise during night time so running a carbon with a inline fan imo might help the rh What do you guys tht run a sealed room prefer for temps humidity and co2 readings what do u set your deadband at ? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I am also concerned about using my portable ac one of the 2 hoses expells heat ..I'm wondering if I build a box around my portable ac outside the grow room then pull the air from box with a inline fan and dump it into my grow room .. If I choose this option will the co2 ppm readings get messed with due to bringing in the cold air from the ac box ? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I know this is a little late but..... I would push air through the ducting. when a hole in the ducting, tape, plastic or whatever occurs your going to be sucking out valuable co2 and bud stank into the vented area. there's no way to perfectly seal a room for long. I have had many, and tried my best but it always turns out the same.