Sea weed

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by finnagen, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Hi all ,can anyone help out with Question .

I have pottin soil going to grow under lights ,i live at sea side in Europe can i use the lovely seaweed to mix up with my Soil ?:confused:

Any help would be Grand :Dyou see i don't know about cleaning seaweed of bugs etc.

2. Using raw seaweed in your soil might create some problems. It should be broken down, or composted.The salt could be a problem. You could wash it well, dry it, and grind it up to add to your soil. Kelp adds to the potassium or "K" in the N-P-K ratio.

If I had fresh seaweed available, I would wash it thoroughly, and make a liquid seaweed mixture. Liquid seaweed is best used as a foliar, and is great food for microbes in compost teas.

Here's a good how to article on producing a viable seaweed fertilizer. Seaweed is full of minerals, not to mention auxins which are hormones and growth regulators.

Let us know how it works out for you,

chunk

3. yEAH wash that stuff off. I find that it would not be worth the possible risks involved, maybe if it were added to a worm bin first.
    I like Algamin, just don't over so it with that stuff. It is like 10 bucks for a big bag of it, and it goes a long way. I add some to my base soil mix.

4. Thanks for reply guys what is Algamin Don :confused:.