sea monkeys

Discussion in 'General' started by hazel.indigo, Jul 31, 2008.

1. is it just me, or are they impossible to hatch? maybe i don't have a motherly touch, but i've tried hatching sea monkeys like, four times and they never work. :[

2. They're reallly small, dude. I had some when I was like 10. I don't think they're worth it, it's just little specks.

3. ....?
    Don't listen to this guy. Sea Monkeys are TOTALLY worth it. Are you reading the instruction booklet right? You might be doing something wrong (which is not hard to do).

4. well...

when a male sea monkey and a female sea monkey (and sometimes male on male seamonkeys and female on female seamonkeys)..fall in love..

just let the seamonkeys do their thing man..

***wait..arent they just little things of foam, or our they are a real species**

5. They're brine shrimp.

6. i dunno. it didn't really come with instructions. it just came with a bunch of pictures that were realllllly confusing. i've been feeding them every day. i think sea monkeys are awesome.

7. They're supposed to come with a set of pretty detailed instructions... one thing I know for sure is that you have to use either bottled water or boiled tap water. The tiny amount of chlorine in regular tap water from the sink is enough to kill them.

I used to love sea monkeys when I was little. Unless you know what to look for, they're very hard to see for a while. But after a few weeks, they should be big enough to easily see. They're an off white color and they basically look like tiny shrimp or crayfish fluttering around in the water.

8. what are you guys 12?

9. Dude, you clearly didn't wait long enough. They grow to an average primate size and eventually take on human qualities :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

10. dude i found the head of a craw-dad by this lake near my house. never would have thought . . .

anyways i used to feed the things to my goldfish. goldfish loved them

11. I thought they were just mosquito larvae :confused:

12. it might not be the right temp ( they hatch best in 80 degree water) get a jar candle light and set the sea monkey tank next to the jar.the heat from will warm the water up alittle but not to warm.did the trick for me also try pumping some more air into the tank. i had a bunch before i went to new zeland and my mom killed them i was like 16 at the time lol.

13. dude sea monkeys pwn. after a month you can really see them and they do get kinda big. got one like 2 inches long from having it for two years it eats all the small ones so i gotta keep it with the other bigger ones =/

14. Those things were tits, mine grew HUGE...although hard to see at first. I wanna get some now.

15. my sea monkeys grew pretty big too. once i put the tank on top of the tv they grew faster than fuck because of the heat the tv put out. they looked like swimming rib cages. after awhile they started fucking because the females had egg clusters on the spine. then i knocked it over totally fucked up the tv.

16. Anyone remember the traumatizing TV show about the Sea Monkeys?

[​IMG]

17. I used to hatch these things - to give to my fish as treats when they were babies.