scum in bubble bucket? PICs

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by noobtube, Sep 27, 2011.

1. got my 2 buckets set up yesterday and find foam/scum floatin in the tops today...Whats that all about? Bacteria? Nutes? Temps? What should i do? Is it ok?
    2x 3 gallon buckets filled with 2.25 gals of tap water (tap ppm 250)

1/4 dose of suggested FloraNova Grow(1/5tsp). 1tsp Superthrive (total ppm with tap and nutes 380)

Ph 5.5-6

temp 24.4c or around 75f (best i can do even with an ac set to 70 and a fan outside of a tent...im in a hot climate)

[​IMG]

My pump

[​IMG]

it has 6 attachments but only using two so the others are closed. Friggin loud...any better quieter options than this at the same output?

my 2 stones..el cheapos

[​IMG]

Thanks for all the love and support gang!!!

2. #2 theVirtuoso, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2011
    That's just some foam from the nutes. It's not harmful.

I believe it's from the floragrow, as I use floramicro and florabloom and get the same thing. I thought it was from my hygrozyme I use before, but now I believe otherwise.

75* f is pretty much optimal, but it's the temps in your res that matter as far as scum/root rot go. My buckets are sitting on a tent floor which is on the basement floor so the water stays relatively cool - so I know it's not from too much heat.

3. Yep... what Virtuoso said. I get that nearly every grow, but no ill effects.

4. thanks guys!