Scrub or not to scrub?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by RecStoner, Nov 7, 2012.

1. #1 RecStoner, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2012
    I just installed a kick ass fan in a sealed closet, except for the vent on the door. I can feel the air flow drawing in.

I currently have it venting out the top of the house where the attic fans vent from. Should I run the air through a carbon scrubber? I am thinking that the amount of air flowing already has the smell diluted enough not to attract any attention. What do you guys think?

This is a forceful draft inducer, 350 CFM in a room just under 350 sqft. Just 3 or 4 smelly plants.

2. Up to you, but flowering plants smell good to smokers. Others may not appreciate the smell.

Sent from my ADR6400L using GC Forum

3. Personally I would run a scrubber. They are pretty big and take up space, but its beyond worth it. Especially if you have company over or just so your neighbors don't catch on.

4. Gotcha, I have the room setup now and I'll be testing the areas. I created a quick one in case it creeps up on me and I need something to throw on there but if I have to I'll end up with a large one.

I have some nice air flow now though, and it vents about 30 feet in the air so who knows maybe i'll get lucky.