scrogs build help

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Kronic_Ganja, Nov 11, 2018.

1. hey guys I'm looking for some help! I'm panning to build individual scrogs for each of my sip pots 2.5 X 2.5ft would be a perfect size screen for me, was hoping to hold it up with a tomato cage! something similar to this...
    Screenshot_2018-10-25-03-17-02.png

as you can see buying them can be pricey bc of how many in going to need!

so I decided to build one, I'm having a lot of trouble finding the top screen, I went to 5 different stores today in search, only things I could that was similar was dog cages, and types of fencing, all of which would cost more to build then just buying them from ebay!

so I'm looking for ideas or anything that could give me the exact same results without breaking the bank! I did buy a few lengths of bamboo sticks, I considered using 4 to make the legs and 2 to make a square, that goes on top, then run a type of string to make the actually squares, but this seems like it won't be too sturdy and I'm not sold on the idea!

any help or input would be greatly appreciated!

2. Check out Garden Fencing. You can buy a roll and cut to fit. At the DIY store I go to they'll cut you any length you want, making it very cheap.
    There's also plastic safety fencing or construction fencing. Trellis netting and bird or tree netting.
    Those items paired with some stakes and zip-ties will do nicely.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  4. thanks guys those are both great ideas!

• Like Like x 2
  5. I bought 5 x 50 ft field/garden fencing for $80. 3 x 50 ft costs about $45. Supported 6 plants all season.The holes are a good size. I was thinking of doing ScrOG next year and just reusing the fencing. Super cheap.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1