Scrogging Coco?

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Left Bean, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Have been following Ed's how-to on coco pretty much to the T. Working great so far, though I was thinking I'd like to Scrog my next run, and I've been judging when to water by weight, which makes scrogging seem impossible as I have to pick up the buckets all the time. How do you guys scrog with coco?

2. i water every day to keep coco moist...have never had overwatering problem....now flushing is a choire.....a long funnel from an auto parts store works great for me....but it seems everyone tweaks coco to meet their needs....thats whats great about it there are also grow through plant supports(pictures of your scrog forum) that can be attached to one pot...makes them easier to manage...i have 3 outside working great...good luck with the cocol:wave:

3. I am scroging with coco and am still able to give the bucket a little lift to see how heavy she is without a problem. I water with a little bitty cut so that can get the juice all distributed evening. No problems at all so far.:wave:

4. Thanks guys/gals.. DEACONFG, how does the long funnel help to flush? Sorry if thats obvious, my first grow :rolleyes:

5. FB I meant

6. #6 deacon, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2010
    after i got the handle on the coco and nutes....four months and alot of lurking here....i haven't had to flush in 3 1/2 months...only time i hope to is before harvest....i think then it will just be the hose through the window and rinse each container really well...then tiny mollassas and ph'd ro water....frikkin hate flushing...thats why i love coco...so forgiving:D

ps...for the funnel...mine has a long plastic tip....i got pot of boiling water...stuck tip in...yanke it out and shape how you want..i flattened and fanned out the tip to be gentle on coco and roots under sceen...when you get the shape you like...imerse it in ice water and will hold that shape
    pss...i also put cyprus mulch covering coco on top of pot to protect coco underneath when watering..a little hassle but seeing that full screen makes it all so sweet