Scrog?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by whoknows42101, Jun 10, 2009.

1. can anybody explain this to me? basically how to do it and what you get for doing it??? i cant really find much online that shows plants done this way... so im not for sure what it is excatly.. i have read a few articles about it but dont fully understand the process...

i just read about LST and started two plants on that while i have two more that im just going to top twice and let them grow... any suggestions???

should i LST all four? or just top them all and let them grow..... looking to get the most yield from the plants... right now i have them all in 5 gallon pots and i have two flourscent lighting fixtures that i got from my local hydroponics store... i had one the last time and it worked great but that was for only 1 plant as well... so any suggestions any pointers???

2. i forgot to upload the pics... so here they are... they arent in the pots side by side anymore though....

Attached Files:

3. so did you clip them a certain way or what? do you have to do anything special? do they yeild more this way? basically why would anybody do it this way??? have any experience with LST????

your plants look great buy the way... i'm using fluorescent lighting fixtures though... so what advice can you give me...

4. that is one of the nicest looking screen of green set ups ive ever seen that wasnt in a hi times mag.

with the screen of green u can control the direction of which way the tips are going to grow. also you can make sure all your grow tips are exposed to the light. this is why screen of green is a very good method of growing. no wasted light and it acts as good support for those large sized buds you desire to grow...

5. Mate, i cant take the credit for that SCROG, i came across that journal a few months ago and bookmarked it. Most of your question are answered in that journal.
    Yes SCROG will yield more, because during veg the plant/s spread out under the mess/screen (like LST), meaning that the light will be consintrated on all the bud sites. So when you switch to the flowering period the buds will grow up through the screen like a sea of green (SOG). It would be time consuming, but it is a good techinque where the laws are very stricked on cannabis, you dont need as many plant as a SOG.