scrog with tight screen?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by london's burnin, Jun 5, 2006.

1. righto. well, i was a bit impatient and got a screen for my cabinet as my ladies are just getting way too tall now... unfortunately, i got a very small (.25"x.25" holes) screen as i was under the assumption that i wanted the screen to keep things down, not train through. my bad. should've done some research FIRST.

so, well, is this setup usefull at all? i've got the plants under it now, and it's holding them down. but i guess the whole point of scrog is to train them around the wire...

don't know whether to go and get screen with bigger holes or just use what i got.

any thoughts?

2. You definitely need bigger holes. Just get some chicken wire (typically called poultry netting) at Home Depot, Lowes, local hardware, etc., should be $4-$5 per roll. Get either 1" or 2" holes, and you want to pull the branches up through the screen.

3. you could make the holes in the smaller wire netting bigger with some plyers by cutting it a bit. :D

4. thanks for the replies guys. will take some pliers to that current mesh and see if i can make it work. guess if nothing else, then it'll be customised holes!

cheers

5. Hi there.

My first post on this forum so Welcome to the forums me :D

I used chicken wire as a screen once, it worked realy well. It was a little bit fiddly however so if I ever go for a screen again it will be some mesh with holes a little harger than the chicken mesh.

Tried to add some pics of my crop with chicken wire screen but size is too big. CBF resizing atm.