Scrog technique advice???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by lastrich, Apr 29, 2004.

1. We are growing bigbud x skunk#1 in a scrog system under 1000w HPS. Good ventilation and exhaust. Indoor temp has a high of 89* and a low of 70* farenheit. Wondering the exact process of training this specific strain of plant. i.e. bend plant 90* when it reaches screen, pinch or cut branches to promote further branching, top plants to produce multiple colas,??? Just need a brainstorm on how to scrog these plants. P.S. The screen is about 20" above the base of the stem of the plants. Any help is great. thanks.

2. im sure if you do a general search on the net, like google or something, it will com up with a ton of sites with complete instructions.... but for the most part, just let the plant grow up through the screen abit, then carefully bend the growth back under the screen, then as it grows up through again, bend it back under, and eventually it will start spreading out over the area.... as for when to flower, im not usre on that, ive never grown that strain.... but i usually switch to 12/12 when the screen is abit under 3/4 full, and the plant fills the screen perfectly before it slows growth.... id recomend wither flowering when the screen is just over 1/2 full, or flowering at 3/4 full and then adding litte 4" tall verticle screens on each side to catch any overgrowth that might result if your strain likes to stretch alot... personally i'd go with the latter :)

3. It really depends on the plant, plant count per square foot and wattage when to flower. A higher watt light can penetrate more so you can flower when the screen is full and its 2-4" above the screen.

Your only problem will be its dam near impossibe to go scrog with a 1k because the footprint 5x5' is so big you cant easily get the the center to train. The largest scrog ive ever seen was a 2x400w because it was only like 2.5' wide and like 7' long. You should go SOG under that lighting.