SCROG setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by GreenDazed42, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Alright, space and stealth are a key issue with the grow that I am doing. At first i was going to grow the plants normally in about a 3 foot tall grow box, but it would be hard to conceal. Now I've been thinking about a SCROG, and an even smaller box. How tall do they have to be to not be too short with a SCROG setup? I'm going to try and do a SCROG in a chest that's about 2-2.5 feet deep, 2 feet wide, and 3 feet long. Would that work out, or should I think of some bigger possibilities?

2. mmm should work...but where are you going to put the lights....you won't have a lot of room!....room for the lights and space for the heat from the lights....Peace out...Sid

3. 3 foot is the smallest i would go.

Your container has to be at least 10 inches tall then you want to give your plants 6-8 inches of growing room then you want your screen so your at 16-18 inches already. now you have your light which is a few inches down you want at least 8 inches of clearance from your plants. that puts you at 24-26 inches then you have to take into account the amount the buds will grow over the screen

36 inches is the shortest i would recomend.
    Peace

4. Stick that thing on its side so it will be 3 ft by 2 1/2 !
    just artistically add fake droars( not sure of spelling)
    or if basic look is not important, just make sure you add a handle to swing the door open sideway

5. Well I'm planning on using the flouros I had from my last grow attempt, so I'm not worried about the distance away from the plants (I can keep it about an inch away with out it being too hot). But TheArrow, if I had it sideways like that, wouldn't the dirt spill out?

6. if I had it sideways like that, wouldn't the dirt spill out?

LOL tell me you're joking!...you must be messing with us...lol.....Peace out....Sid

7. I think he means turn the box on its side so that the 3 feet side would be the vertical side. put the plants straight up and down but put the box on its side

8. That's what I was planning on. Having it grow horizontally along the 3 feet.

Grasscity Deals Near You