SCROG setup help

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Shadow5, Feb 8, 2010.

1. I Have a 2' x 2' x 4' Box with 6 26w Cfls, Im looking to grow 1 mayyybe 2 plants in a SCROG setup, my hold up is i dont know how far away to put the screen from the top of the soil...

2. It depends on the strain. For a pure Indica you should have your screen 8" above the soil. A pure Sativa would require maybe as much as 12". I am running my screens at 9". I would drop them to 8", except it does not allow me enough room to work under them. However, this should not be much of a concer of yours. I say this only because 2'x2' is small enough that you can just reach under there, my screens are a little larger, so I need to be able to get under them. Not knowing what it is that you are growing, I hope that this helps.

3. awsome thnx

4. Anytime. Just be sure to start a journal so that others can learn from you. :smoke:

5. 8" above the soil (not the rim) PAys to fill your pots a hair more than normally with a scrog. Every extra inch of soil you get in the pot is an extra inch of room to work with between rim and screen