Scrog Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by reeser420420, May 21, 2014.

1. I will be using the SCROG technique for my grow, but I have a few questions before starting. I've read through a lot of different things about the the technique, but I still do not understand a few different things. My first question is when is the best time to start training my plants horizontally under the screen? Some articles i've read say to wait until the plants are a certain height (usually 3 to 5 inches), but other articles say to wait until the plant has a certain number of bud sites. Also, I will be using two 400w MH/HPS bulbs. I'm not exactly sure how far up I should place my screen above my pots. Is this based on the bulbs I use, or should I just adjust them as I go ? Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, but I have never used this technique so I do not want to do anything wrong. Thanks guys 

2. http://forum.grasscity.com/plant-training/48363-scrog-method.html

Hi mate, I'm a big fan of ScrOG myself, it's a great way to make the most of your light for an increased yield.

The best time to grow your plants horizontally across the screen is when they reach it. The screen's height will govern how tall the plants will be. You need to do all the training while in veg, so there won't be any bud sites at this point in time.

The height you set your screen depends on how much available height you have. If your height is restricted you may want to have the screen very low, perhaps just 3-4 inches so you have more room above it. Or if you have plenty of height you may prefer to have the screen at a couple if feet so you can easily get your hands underneath to assist training. There is no incorrect height.

Your lights must be adjustable to allow the plants to grow up without getting burned or being too far away from the light 

4. sounds like he knows what he is talking about. good advice