scrog question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by relieF, Aug 25, 2003.

1. if you need to cure them while your away just semi fast dry them in 3 days and put them into jars and bring the jars with you. They only smell when you open them. Im sure you can find a freinde to do this for you can take your weed while your away and take somehintng in return so he/she dosent rip you off. But dont get pissed if they smoke a few nugs for giving you a hand :)

2. hm. thats an idea too, though i'd have to find a way to fly jars of nugs past airport customs =)

ok, two of my seedlings are doing fine. but the other three haven't sprouted yet. they seem to have stopped growing altogether since 24 hours ago...

i don't think i did anything wrong 24 hours ago... the rockwool is wet enough that if you shake it vigorously it will shed water, but not too wet that water just drips from it.

the pH might have been a little off, i think i fed it 5.0 water once, but that was not too long ago, and i corrected the problem quickly.

how long do seedlings take to sprout?

3. god dam hydros too complicated for small grows. :p it usualy take 2 days to sprout without heating.

4. then i guess... they died. so i planted 5 and so far 3 have survived =\

and i almost crushed the largest 2 =/

dude i'm not doing very well with this grow. what a bummer.

right now i'm feeding these sprouts 6.5 pH 400 ppm nutes. they're 1 inch sprouts, does this sound ok? or is the water too strong on nutes?

////////// grow report Oct 15 //////////

well i'm down to 3, but the good news is that they all seem to be healthy. two are skunk and the third is top44. the first skunk has grown the first set of leaves, and they are now larger than its preleaves. top44's growth is vigorous, and despite its late germination, its catching up with the second skunk. i am impressed with the top44 sprout, as it shows consistent progress, has a strong stem, and doesn't stretch like the two skunks.

I am going to continue feeding them 400 ppm nutes until the second set of leaves show, at that point i will move them under the 150w hps, and set up the bubbler with nutes @ 550 ppm.

two questions: when is a good time to move the sprouts under hps? what was my second question?

//////////////////////////////////////////

5. sprouts dont need nutes. But im a soil guy. ive seen sprouts get a good 1" tall just in a papertowel with just plain water no PH pen or anything, "just add water".

6. i'm interested in how your grow turns out with the superthrive..... i'm looking into this for my next grow (due sometime this week :crosses fingers that all clones live::smoking:

7. well. i made so many mistakes... like taking the seedlings out of rockwool 9 days after germination, like trying to lower pH with a sodium salt or lemon concentrate, and drying the root tips while inspecting the leaves, etc =(.

but 15 days after germination the two skunk and 1 top44 are doing awesome. growth is really catching up now, the biggest pair of leaves spanning a diameter of 7.5 cm.

i have been using superthrive the whole time too. about 8 drops per gallon? since i haven't done a control study i don't know the positive effects of using it, but i'm still glad i did. maybe superthrive made up for my sloppiness.

i found somebody to help me grow while i'm gone. i'll let him do the last week of harvesting so it should be easy.

8. so eh hows your fridge?

9. yes, we need pictures...... or at least of how shes workin;)

hows the hydro setup workin out?

10. oh wow its been 2 weeks already.

everything is going fine. except that i just realized, the freebie skunk#1 from seedsdirect takes up to 75 days to flower. WTF!! i thought it would be like sensi-skunk#1 which only takes 45.

so that totally screws my schedule, i'm either gonna have to harvest early or have a plant-sitter take care of the two skunk while i'm gone.

i do have 1 top44 which is the biggest of the three. she's doing awesome. her size in diameter viewed from the top is now larger than the size of a cd-rom. i can harvest her on time, although its an indica strain... ew.

here's a teaser until i get my friend's digi to work on my computer. wish me luck hope they're all female.

Attached Files:

11. whats wrong with indica? you must be an "upper" type person.... the battle of sativa vs. indica rages.... personally, i'm a indica fan, but differences aside, good luck on your grow.

P.S. and if your gonna have someone watch your plants, be sure its someone you can trust, and maybe give them a bit of the harvest, as insentive to not talk, and for helping ya out:)

12. felieF how are the plants doing? Whan do you plan on going to 12/12?

13. yes... we need plant pictures....:D

14. i still don't have a camera. i went 12/12 yesterday.

here's a pic of a fan leaf that i had to prune because it was really really getting in the way of the cramped space.

all the plants are doing fine.

Attached Files:

15. got some pix.

two sativa on left and right, and one indica middle back.

this pic is of my stealth growroom, which is located under my bed in my dormroom, disguised as a minifridge.

nobody knows why my fridge is so loud. but they do wonder.

Attached Files:

16. open sesame!

tilt your head this way -->

Attached Files:

17. tada!

and yes those are my fingers. trying to block the hps lights.

Attached Files:

18. a closeup of the plant on the left. its the biggest sativa i have, its as big as my indica.

i fim'ed this plant in one location, which can be seen in this photo. if you can find it, i'll give you free weed and a bj.

where's waldo?

Attached Files:

19. your leaves seem very wide.... might be strain, but i'd bet your humidity might be a little high... whats the humidy like in there? and with your fridge stickcing out from under your bed like that, doesnt anyone open it? all in all, nice grow (i love the idea of inside a minifridge:D)

20. Do you have an exhaust fan? I dont think that scrog screen will work to well. The holes arent wide enough and the bars only run one way so the shoots will all just slide back and to the light and against gravity. So just get a chicken wire screen or make one out of string and a frame. Besides that they are doing awsome.