scrog question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by relieF, Aug 25, 2003.

1. its definitely greening. one preleaf is shriveled due to the lack of a seed coating, the other preleaf was in an accident and 30% at the tip got clipped...

but its turning green and i see the secondary leaves starting to grow. very very sad situation here. i'm considering euthenasia.

doesn't matter because i'm recieving my order in about a week.

2. did they tell you that your order has been processed? if so thats good on their part:)

3. yeah, i mentioned grasscity and overgrow... how people know i'm getting ripped off, and the same day i get a reply saying "oh guess what we just got your order".

well i'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

4. kool...glad that worked out for you...

pohsib

5. Sweet

6. yeah, typical, as soon as they think they're gonna get a bad reputation, oh whatta ya know, they magically found your order. good going, if they fuck with ya, fuck with them till they give in and go to scam someone else:p

7. well?! we need updates!!!! how the grow doin? very anxcious to see this thing workin:D

8. -_-;; dude my seeds still aren't here. i'm about to faint man.

and since my growing schedule is fucked i need to get a babysitter for my grow in the winter. winter break is a whole month long =(. probably means someone else might have to harvest for me.

unless i get them like, tomorrow, then maybe i can fit an indica into the schedule.

seedsdirect has sent the order last monday, so its been 9 days. i really want it to come tomorrow.

9. heres the downlow on my orders... i ordered one from seedsdirect, one from nirvana-shop.com

the seedsdirect order, i put a "fake" name on it, so it was returned, now its in a lost mail center a couple hundred miles away, stacked with lost mails for 120million other people.

my nirvana seeds order, i put the wrong BUILDING on it (got confused, new dorm) so it got returned, its in the same building right next to my seedsdirect order.

at least i think, does seedsdirect sent their shipment using USPS? if not, it might be a different story.

anyways thats 30+42 = 72 dollars that will be destroyed in a great bondfire in the center of western united states.

so i'm going to order tomorrow using my credit card. i will recieve and germinate them on the 7th, 5 days later. i will begin flowering after 2 weeks of germination. i will wait 44 days for my seeds to flower. i will cure them for a week. i will drool uncontrollably at my marijuana as i study for my final examinations. i will not be able to sell my marijuana, as everybody is going away for winter break.

december 18th is the latest i can stay. could i possibly fit a sativa strain in this short window of opportunity?

10. yeah, top 44...... sucks about lozing both your orders

11. hm. ok. top44 it is.

hippie john, what mail provider (fedex, ups, usps) delivered your seedsdirect orders? i'm hoping i can still find my seeds somehow...

12. i've never ordered form seeds direct...... but i beleive they send it out regualr mail..... at least that what the website says......

13. my second order from seedsdirect came through, in 6 days. i received one order each of top44, pure power plant, and skunk#1 freebees.

i ordered top44 because of its fast flowering phase, but i just found out that skunk#1 grows pretty fast too. since i prefer a sativa hybrid, if not pure sativa, i am going to start with skunk#1.

i am germinating four seeds. 14 days of vegetation then 48 days flowering, and 1 week of curing. after that i'm catching my plane out of here with some of my new harvest. the rest will be stored here for 30 days, because that's how long i will be gone. btw whats the best way to store weed for a month?

/// grow report Oct.10 /////////

i threw four skunk seeds in a small cupful of 5.9 pH solution with a little bit of superthrive. i don't have a thermometer with me but i would guess the temperature to be around 80'F.

i do have access to a digital camera but there's not much to see right now.

//////////////////////////////////

14. your gonna need to cure for about 3 weeks, or else it will mold, unless you use a food dehydrator.:)

15. can i cure for 4 weeks? then i can just cure for the 30 days that i'm not here. i'll set it up so it doesn't stink, and just leave. =)

/// grow report Oct.10 /////////

after 14 hours, three seeds have cracked to show part of their taproots. one seed has not. i've upgraded the environment to lower the ppm and with a slightly higher pH of 6.5, and now the solution is aerated with a bubbler.

/// grow report Oct.11 /////////

i moved the three seeds to rockwool, soaked with the same solution then shaken. the forth seed still hasn't cracked, so i scarified it and planted that in rockwool as well, 12 hours after the other planting the three healthy seeds.

since i only have three healthy seedlings, and i really need two females for this grow, i am germinating two more seeds, this time top44.

i am refraining from peeking inside the rockwool.

16. pic1: i have two laptops, the one behind me as shown in thispicture is a 5 year old artifact. under the shitty laptop is the refridgerator (the main theme of this thread) and inside i have two top44 seeds immersed in scientifically calibrated superfluid, aerated with a bubbler, and heated to tropical conditions by my laptop ac/dc adapter.

pic2/3: you see my four rockwool halves, each containing a sprouted skunk#1 seedling, treated with the same superfluid and warmed by a gigantic ac/dc converter, all enclosed in an oldskewl lunchbox. tailspin, woohoo!

pic4: i got bored, just showing you my stupid american eagles outfitters shirt that says i'm a pothead.

btw the superfluid consists of simply purified water + superthrive + pH adjusted with orange concentrate. hope they like it!

/// grow report Oct.12 /////////

the two top44 seedlings have already cracked. i moved them to two rockwool halves as well and they are joining the skunk#1 team.

the skunk#1 team is doing very well except one member of the four whos taproot still hasn't grown, even after scarification. i have removed the seed cover as described somewhere earlier in this thread, and i have replanted the naked seedling. the three other seedlings have already started the climb against gravity.

Attached Files:

17. for curing... i guess i will devote my stay here for growing and harvesting, and leave the curing to the time i will be away, which is 30 days.

i couldn't find any information about curing that involves an antifungal treatment, so i have squeezed the cranial fluids to devise this plan... i will spray the harvested buds with a thin layer of honey solution. this will make the weed taste better (mm, skunk with honey) and hopefully provide the antifungal services that i need.

after harvesting i will do some manicure, then hang the bud sites upside down inside my growroom/fridge (most stealthy) with a tub of water inside to maintain humiditiy. most likely i will have a carbon scrubber / fan running inside as well to control odor.

what do you think about this? the main problem is that i will be away for 30 days and i won't be able to tend to my plants at all.

18. find and friend and have them ake care of teh plants for you once a week. lpre mix any ferts adn haev the diffrent bottles labled week xx for xx plants. The last thing you want someone to do is be mixing ferts for you that dont understand about buring plants. what kind of medim wil the plants be going into? soil will be best if you tgoing away for a while and if you ge oversized pots and throw some mucld oer the tops they should only need watering once every other week while they are small.

19. thanks gr0wer for the tip, but i think my plants will be done flowering by the time i leave. i just need to cure them while im gone.

/// grow report Oct.13 /////////

this morning i woke up to see two of my seedlings poking 1/3'' out of the rockwool medium. wow, these things can grow a lot in 9 hours. i removed the two sprouts under a relatively weak flouro light.

both seedlings have little specks of purple near their stem/leaf area, so i have lowered the pH of water to 6.4, and added a pinch of maxigrow in the water supply. one seedling has a damaged preleaf, i think this damage was done before germination. its somewhat bruised and is slower in growth than the other seedling.