scrog question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by relieF, Aug 25, 2003.

1. lol i haven't any seeds. damn seedbanks.

2. inthought i'd mention, if you dont already know, that you should plant mothers from seed and when you find out which plants are female, take cuttings for use in the scrog. the reason being that clones have shorter internodes, and are usually overall a shorter plant.

3. omg seedsdirect is being a total ass about my order. i keep telling them that i sent a cash, and they keep saying that the order was cancelled. WTF man, they won't tell me what they're going to do with my friggen money. they're pissin me off.

4. yeah, thats why i always debate over wether to send cash. its the safest way to get stuff, cause its the least tracable. but they can always say they never got it even if they did:(

sorry to hear that:(

5. sorry to hear that...i will tell everyone that listens that they ripped you off, bro...

pohsib

6. maybe trya a paypal account, but that could be traceable. beware:eek:

if your in colledge, it probably wont matter as much, since its notreally a permanent residence.

7. pohsib
    thats slander and also unproven.

things do go missing in the post, trust me i used to work 4 the royal mail. ive seen 100s of letters that have got bad addresses or no address, burst open, the ink has run and the addy is unreadable etc etc, u wudnt belive some of the boxs ppl try and post.

relieF
    mixups happen. either they got ur money or they didnt. if they did them just talk nice to the idiots and get them to uncancel ur order or let u reorder. if they say they aint had ur money then u just learnd the hard way not to post anything u cant afford to lose.

shit happens....

8. a money order would be alright too.

9. yeah... i haven't concluded as to the cause of this mishap... so i won't expand that issue anymore.

now yesterday i bought a gram of weed and i found a seed there. this weed was hazexskunk very powerful and all that so this seed should be hazexskunk and if it is then i'm a happy chink.

the only problem is that this seed's outer layer got busted and cracked. later when i was trying to germinate it i found that i could easily remove the outer cover without damaging the seedling inside. lol so i did.

so now i have a naked seed in rockwool with all the perfect conditions (superthrive, warm, humid, rockwool). and it seems to be growing very slowly. well it's been just 24 hours so far, and 12 hours since i removed the cover, and although it seems about 20% bigger due to the water, i'm not sure whether its really growing. i will continue to monitor this seedling until i can confirm life.

go naked seed go!

10. well the seedling seems tohave grown or bloated another 20%. The make of the white body is firm so its not apparent whether its dead or not. i realized that the green/brown cover over the tip of the root doesn't belong there so i slipped that out too, now the root tip is exposed to the rockwool 100%.

if this turns out ok, then its a good way to germinate seeds that otherwise wouldn't have germinated. probably means you can germinated 100% all the time unless the seedling was damaged.

Attached Files:

11. hey, i don't feel what i have said is slander...dude sent his money and they didn't live up to their end of the bargain. not only that, but it seems they are giving him the run around. so, i will tell my personal friends not to order from there...

pohsib

12. very clever way to germinate a damaged seed. i hopr it grows ok, and that its a female *crosses fingers*

good luck!

13. i would if i were her, i mean i have a mansion with all the options (hps, 120mm fans, filters, white walls) just for her.

maybe she doesn't want to be a nun though, maybe she wants to propagate and create seeds. =/

i'm going to put up a picture of a male plant to entice growth. she'll grow up to be a nice juicy virgin. shit i shoud perverted, kinda like a priest.

::edit::

ok, i just took a peek and the root did grow, about 1.5 mm which is barely noticable. i can see how this could take a very very long time.

p.s. i'm starting to worry about mold/fungal infections. should i spray the seedling in h2o2 or something?

14. heres a few links for ya;)

i dunno, about the H2O2, i9've never tried t before. maybe someone else can help ya there:)

15. where are the links, cowboy?

16. ther is a coating inside the seed case (the brown thing) that give the seed enery to help it on its jurney up through the dirt.
    it also protects the soft delacate leaves while it is pushing its way up.
    it also stops it bloating and getting fat when that energy shud be put into the root to push the seed up.

remove the seed coat at ur own risk.

17. stop poking in the RW to look at the seed, that will kill it. every time u disturb it u shock it, it stops growin 4 a bit and u make it waste its energy.

h2o2 is very strong, u stand more chance off killin it with that than anything. dont let the RW stay soddon, let it dry a little. superthrive mite do some good but i dont surjest u use h2o2 (bleach) on it.

18. ok you're right about the seed bloating and getting fat, because the roots are getting a little fat and growing seems rather slow. the root is still one main root and i can't see any root branching.

the water i'm using is 125 ml purified water + 5 drops superthrive + just a pinch of GH maxigrow. i'm keeping the rockwool slightly wet, if i shake hard water might drop out, but its certainly not drenched. ppm meter says its around 180 ppm.

when i take a peek at the seed, i'm not taking it out of the rockwool; i split the rockwool in half so i can just seperate the pieces to reveal the seed.

well a very small fraction of the main pre-leaves has been damaged, it has been from the start but its still growing so i'll leave it at that.

question: i think i'm starting to see a little yellowing between the root and the pre-leaves. this may be the beginning of a greening process? or is it dying?

thanks for the help man.

19. ok
    it wont branch untill after the leaves have opend and its growing on its own.

only use ST once, if u keep using it then ur gonna b feeding the mold aswell, once "shud" b plenty to help it pop up. dont shake the RW, the poor little thing must think its living in an earthquake zone.

pulling the RW apart will still shock the seed. just plant it and leave it alone. every time u disturb it u will stop it growing. it thinks that the ground has bin disturbed by an animal or sumthing so it stops, makes sure that up is still up and it aint going the rong way then starts growing again.

the yellowing is prob rot, it WILL NOT start to grow (as in turn into stem untill it hits the light) stems r not stems untill they r out the ground. untill then they r roots and shud b white.

ur seed still stands a chance if u leave it alone, dont over water and keep ur fingers crossed.

next time dont mess with them, plant extra and look at them if u must but dont expect them to live.

it is like being a kid waiting 4 christmass tho aint it.