scrog question

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by relieF, Aug 25, 2003.

1. An oz. to you is 300 but to the dealer (who your going to sell to) its somewhere 240-280 i just add on an extra 0 to the g. # to get the estimated value 2000g= $20,000

2. are you growing to sell? or for personal use? personally i use about 4sq ft. and get like 7 - 10oz per harvest, but i use all that (and some for the occasional friend). in that small space i'd be pushing it to get enough for personal use.

3. i do have about a little less than four square feet, and 7~10 oz is much too much for my personal use. i mean i smoke less than an ounce a year. don't laugh.

so your personal harvest is my big pay day. i've only spent $250 on this grow project including ph pen, hydroponics nutez etc so anything above two oz will already exceed what i paid for. of course 500% return on investment per harvest is not bad either. lol

4. but you have to account time on growing you must have spent at lest 10 hours researching and then oyu will spend time building the system then about 2 or so hours a week of working with the plants. It all ads up but you still make allot more per hour most people make. I have to have about 200 hours in this years grow including online about 30 just actualy growing and watering O'g watering is allot diffrent from indoor much more luging jugs and going plot to plot. Im going to get somewhere in the area of 2-5 oz per plant out of 2 so $1k+ isnt bad profit for my first grow even though about 1/4 of it will go back into growing to come back 8000%.

:D

5. you shouldn't worry about making your money back until you get a few grows under your belt. Just smoke what you get for now, in about a year from this harvest you will have a lot better weed grown that will sell better. Why sell half your bud then turn around a few months later and go buy a bag because your out.

6. well i recenty just quit toking for a girl to stop smoking cigs but i dont know how long that will last, depends on how much ass i get :D

7. lol. anyways.

i've now painted the inside of the fridge all white. well most of it, i'm sure i've missed a couple spots because it looks all white to me.

i've also changed the ventilation/air intake/carbon scrubber system, and i'm much much happier now with the setup. previously i had several very small passive intake airholes, now i have one huge one (about 2.3"diameter). I didn't realize how important the intake size is.

the 120mm computer fan with 100cfm is now part of the wall, i.e. it takes air directly out, so the airflow is magnificent. i will now attach a carbon scrubber outside the fridge infront of the computer fan. its great because i installed the fan in a very inconspicuous place. can't wait to get my hands on a digital camera.

now really, all i need are my seeds.

8. the air intake hole can hold my rubber mousepad upsidedown just from the suction. i had to tilt my fridge to try it out and cut my finger =(. But!!! did i mention i'm very happy? =) =)

so, that's a lot of airflow for a tiny fridge. what temperature am i looking for in my growbox? it gets really really cold here and my room is generally cold.

i know that around 85' F is rather hot for growing but i don't know what the minimum temperature is.

yayayayayyayayayaya!!!! boyaaaaaaa!!!11!!1!1

9. Nice i cant wait ot see it in action! Have you made the strain pick yet? This is the cheapest place out there selling quality seeds sid buys from here too http://www.ukseedsupplies.com/

Have you made the scrog screen and mounts for the screen yet? I would just screw or glue some small strips of wood about .5"x1" around the inside and one across the front. Then just staple or nail the chickenwire screen onto it.

The temps should be owsome since if your room is around 70-74 degrees and you have awsome airflow. Have you picked out pots that fit good in the box yet? Whats the plan, veg 4, sex them then grow 1-3 female plants? Are you going to try a u scrog or just flat?

10. O and do you have a veg box for mom and clones or any plans for a veg box?

11. ok, this is the smallest complete hydroponics grow box that i'm aware of. total grow height without the roots and grow tub is only 17". however there is a considerable amount of depth, and the light is situated in the deep end of the box, so i think there will be enough room for a hardcore bonzai scrog.

The biggest problem is that the plants will have to grow around the electric equipment, but i'm sure this won't cause any electric problems.

ventilation is great, and the room doesn't get hot at all. there are no light leaks, its not very quiet but its not loud either...

here's a pic. i'm really sorry the pic is crap quality but i can't get a hold of anything better.

btw everything is painted white for better reflectance. there is a passive air intake that i didn't label, its in the far top left corner. i will start germination in rockwool on top of the tub lid. i will cut the lid later to hold the plants.

i understand some people don't think i can't get a decent harvest from this tiny room but for real, i'm aiming at a good 7 oz dried (after research). wish me luck.

12. grr

Attached Files:

13. you can get lowr tubs ya know, i'd use like a 5" high rubbermaid in there to save height. SWC

14. yeah, you could just use like a little rubbermaid, all they need is like 12" square, and ~18" high

15. iuh... wouldn't it be the same if i lower the stem? whaddya think?

16. hey gr0wer, my strains are KCB Haze special, and Nirvana Papaya, and some skunk#1. This should be nice because #1 they're cheap as hell #2 i have pure indica, pure sativa, and a 5050 hybrid and 3# they're all good for party highs.

i can't afford any good seeds as of yet, but next year i will be growing the best strain i can afford. i will grow two seeds at a time, should i grow two Haze or one Haze and one Papaya or one Haze and one Skunk for my first harvest?

maybe ill start with two Haze then one skunk And one papaya. I really want Haze.

OK i admit i haven't done the screen yet. chicken wire is hard to find in the middle of nowhere, so i will be making my own with floss and some plastic rods. i will certainly do a scrog / FIM combo.

My school schedule doesn't allow for me to keep clones or mothers, so i don't need a seperate box for veg and cloning.

p.s. it looks like i will have until mid december to grow. if i get my seeds next week, how should i do this? one big harvest or two smallones? thanks

17. one big one:D the time it takes is always gonna be ~3 months, s grow as much as you can

18. yeah, but then think, if you change the box to a lower one AND lower overall plant height, think of all tha extra room.

19. good point. but i won't do that until mah plant grows. theni'll thinkabout it.