ScrOG question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by fitzyno1, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Hi everyone, great site!
    Just 2 questions,
    I'm thinking of growing a ScrOG Hydroponic.
    (1) How high from the top of the plants should i keep the light (flowering)?
    (2) Would i get away with using a 600w (High Pressure Sodium) for 36 plants (6'x6') using a lot of Mylar?

2. You might just get away with it using the 600 in that space. Try to keep the light at 12" above the canopy.

Here's a link to an excellent article on SCROG... http://www.drskunk.com/skunkskool/?showtopic=54

It will tell you all you need to know about SCROG.

3. Thank you for the link,
    It says that he uses 70-75w per plant (1ft sq), that means i would need near 3000w. A bit overkill, do you not think?
    When the pruning and clearing dead vegetation has to be done, how do i do the pruning in the middle of plants if the mesh is there?
    Do i use the mesh for one or two plants at a time?
    I was going to build a bubble hydroponic (net pots) system for the 36 plants, and place the mesh over the hole plants (supported) just before i begin to flower, would the pruning that i have already done, not do?
    Or would it be bad to take that chance?

4. I cant find any photos of a large Scrog, does anyone have any of a Scrog just before Harvest?

5. there's a bunch of info in the scrog in my sig man.

it was a 400w in a 3x3 space.

you want to keep the light as close as possible without burning the tops, at the same time far away enough to get the footprint that you need to light up that many plants in your area. 36 plants in a 6x6 may be a little much for a 600 imo.. but i'm sure it can be done.

good luck

edit.. in my opinion you can fill a 6x6 screen with 4-6 plants if you veg them for 6 weeks or so. Your gonna have to veg them for a decent period anyway to get the height and branching that you need to do a scrog properly anyway.