Scrog question

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by buddahaze1, Mar 19, 2012.

1. I'm nearing the end of my 1st harvest and will be getting four gringo and 4 big bang clones in a few weeks.
    Ideally I want to set up a scrog once I chop this 1st lot but I have a question.

Once my clones are rooted and I throw them under the hps does it matter how far away the light is from the canopy seeing as the plants are going to hit the screen and be trained underneath it.
    What I'm trying to say is will the plants still stretch out to the max in a bad way if the light is at the top peak of the box instead of being close seeing as the plants will basically be growing sideways across the screen?

Not sure if I am asking this right so et me know if u want more info and I'll gladly reply with some more indepth info on what I need to know thanks :)

2. Ok. So I guess its gonna be trial and error then huh ... :/

3. Yes your plants will stretch, you ideally don't want to put the scrog on till the plants are ready to be bent a bit. For example, you're screen is 12" above the pots..put your screen on when the plants are 16" or so. As soon as you bend the plant all the shoots will start growing like crazy.

Let me know if you have any more questions, I'm no pro but I scrog exclusively.

4. Thanks for the info dude. Itl be a couple of weeks yet but I'll definatly be on for some more info at a later point if its ok :)