Scrog or normal grow??

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by KurruptKlown, Feb 16, 2013.

1. What's up gents & ladies, I've been growing for awhile & always just let the plants go natural. Right now I'm using a 5x5 tent with 1000w cool tube setup with 2 6inch inlines & carbon filter for smells. I'm getting close to cutting down 4 plants in 10 gallon fabric pots. The tallest is 5'5 (HSO blue dream) and I'm excited about the chop. My question is should I try the scrog method for my next grow or just keep doing what works. I like having 4 plants in the tent at once. I usually veg till the tallest hits 30 inches, than I flip the lights. Any thoughts???

2. If you just want to try it then I say go for it most people scrog when they have plant number limits in there state one big ass plant is still one plant lol loop hole

Sent from iPhone 5

3. So yield wise letting the plant do its own thing is best??

4. I think that scrog will yield more due to the longer veg time so the plant is older but if you grew normal the same amount of time you should get the same yield as if you did scrog

It's cool and fun to do I have a thread on it
    It changes the grow up something different

Sent from iPhone 5

5. Veg time will be the same either way

6. If you veg for 4 months on the regular I don't thats what I meant

Sent from iPhone 5

7. For taller strains the veg times will be much different. If you are growing in a tent and are contstrained by height then you will stop vegging your plant once it gets tall enough, but when you scrog you just bend over the top and keep vegging. You can just keep vegging until you have filled the screen which will take much longer for most strains than growing too tall naturally.

8. Got ya, makes sense now