ScrOG or LST for my next grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by HerbIsGood, Feb 28, 2011.

1. I am going with a lot of plants this year, near 60 if not more seedlings from the start, so I'll most likely end up with around 25-40 females. This is assuming of course, that the rest of my seeds from Sannies arrive un-stolen by customs.

So I'm trying to do some research on what would give me the highest yields, I definitely don't want to grow like I did with my last grow where I had like 30 plants and they weren't trained at all and hardly yielded anything (like 1-2 oz per plant). So now I'm out of bud and I'm disappointed that I had an opportunity to get a lot of herb but got very little (for all the work which could have got me more).

So this year I want to train all my plants into bushes with even tops, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this.

I've been looking at the ScrOG method and I've seen some very successful outdoor grows using that method.

On the other hand - LST'd bushes can get gigantic and yield loads of bud, but I don't know if they would be better than the ScrOG method.

If it matters, since I've read that LST is better for stretchy plants rather than stout indicas, the strains that I plan on growing this year are SOL's Blue Satellite 2.2, Mosca Negras C99, Sannie's Jackberry, New Blue Diesel, and Extrema, and Mandala's 8 Miles High.

The majority of these are mostly sativas save the Extrema and New Blue Diesel which lean more towards the indica side, and I'm not sure about the blue satellite or the Jackberry.

I also have some haze x skunk1 by sam the skunkman that I plan on growing -

so any advice from you more experienced growers would be greatly appreciated. I want to put into consideration the amount of time and effort it would take to do each method, and of course yields, and the pros and cons of each - from those who know.

Thanks for reading:smoke: