Scrog Nets - I'll show you mine if you show me yours?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by The Dank Emporium, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Peace GC!

How are you all this evening?

So since I started growing (150cm high tent) I've been scrogging due to the aforementioned.

I took the plunge into allowing my girls to grow naturally (a couple of autos nonetheless as supposedly they're relatively small) but boy I wish I didn't!

Anyhow my scrog is currently made out of overflow pipe and strimer wire (pics below) and I was wondering what you guys use for yours?

It's quite hard to water scrog set ups evenly because of the dense bush, has anyone managed to overcome this?

1490305715109.jpg 1490305731470.jpg

Peace GC!

Sent from my F5121 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. 4x3x6.5 two tier. Day 42 bloom 20170322_225253.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Looks good! I'm on day 26 of flower currently.

How do you get around watering the bush? Or are you soiless?

4. Pushing like 600w. Platinum p300, 100w cree cxb3590 3500k n a ledgle. Tunable spec 315w panel

5. Oooh hence the pretty colours! Is the 315w a CMH/CHD?

6. To water really dense growth I cut a hole in a gallon jug lid, put some tubing in the hole, and hot glued it so its water tight. All you have to do is put that lid on the gallon jug and it makes it really easy to water in tight spots.

• Like Like x 1
  7. For ease in watering under the screen, I just jammed a length of clear tubing over the spout of a cheap plastic watering can. Just enough tubing to get the reach I need.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Flower 1 week.JPG 3 weeks.JPG 93666_51b5efee7e35e_original.jpg 93666_51b5efee8e0b8_original.jpg
    My net is obviously made of pvc and masonry line. I use hydro halos to water from outside the tent. I just attach a 1/2" tube from the halo and attach a funnel to the other end and pour while I'm standing outside the tent - very easy.

• Like Like x 2
  9. That's a great idea! So simple and very cost effective.

Certainly going to consider that

• Like Like x 1
  10. Again with the tubing! This looks like it's a winner

11. The materials for the net at Home Depot - $15 to $20 and I don't remember where I bought the Hydro Halos - somewhere on line - just google it - they're not very expensive.

12. IMG_20160306_131611129_zpsfayokr1s.jpg I have a sub irrigated planter under my scrogs. That's a 15 gallon fabric pot sitting on top of a resivior full of crushed lava rock and water. The sips allow me to go away from home without the need of watering for a bit which is a big bonus. I also use a garden sprayer to mist the soil. My screens are pvc and braided masons line. Braided is way stronger and has less stretch then twisted masons line.....I'm a mason, take my word for it;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. What kind of materials for the net are needed? Can you use the net system from start to finish?
    All you'd have to do is adjust the highth?

14. Pvc and mason line for the net. The net can't be moved once the plant grows into it. I place the net 8" above the top of the pot and that's where it stays.

scrog net.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I individualize with soloscrogs for each 5 gal; galvanized fence left over from patching the yard.
    IMAG1828.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mine hangs to save on building legs or buying materials.

I can also flip it up and it stands along one wall when not needed.

I just undo 2 clamps and zip tie to the other side.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  17. You have pics with it in action?