ScRog from feminized seed?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by NewToThis420, Feb 14, 2013.

1. I'm about to begin a new grew, first time using ScRog. Growing 2 feminized Nortern Lights, 2 feminized Aurora Indica. Can I use ScRog method from seed? The norm is to use clones I know so just wanting some input and advice.

2. Yes and fem seeds are the only ones you would want to do it with. Just make sure you trust your seeds, males and scrogs dont mix.

3. Yea I have alotta faith in my seeds. My question now is what dimensions I should use. My tent is 2 ft by 4 ft, 5 ft tall. I hear rule of thumb is 1 plant per square foot of screen. So if I make a screen 4 ft long(length of my tent) and a ft or 1 1/2 ft in depth would it suffice? I plan on using 2" hex poultry wire and PVC pipe for the frame. Within the frame should I make 4 separate 1'x1' for each plant?

4. +rep for quick and good response

5. I would just do 1 large screen that takes up the whole space of your tent. How many plants will be determined by the length of veg time you want. More plants = less veg time. I'd say anywhere from 1-6 plants should work in that space. I run a 2x2 scrog and run 1-4 plants.

No need to make separate spaces for each pot.

[​IMG]

6. Okay so a 2'x2' should suffice for my 4 plants? I'm growing each in a 3 gall pot, will all 4 fit under the screen

7. I personally would use the whole tent 4x2, but do what feels comfortable to you. Yes, 4 3gal pots will fit under a 2x2.

The bigger your scrog screen, the bigger you can yield.

8. Alright I'll probably do the 4x2 and fit in more plants! I want a monster harvest first time using ScRog! You da man. +rep

9. I am currently running a 6-plant scrog staggered under T5s in a 2'x4'x4' tent. My first grow I lost one, so I ended up with 4 1/2 oz. from 5 plants. I'm hoping to break 5 oz. this round.

The downside is that it's really hard to work with the plants in the back. My next run I'm going to try fewer plants, probably three, and keep them in a single row so they're more accessible.

10. In no means am I downing your grow , but I'm ScrOGing 4-6 plants with 600 w hid so I'm a planning on a harvest around 10+ ounces total hopefully more. Also growing 2 high yielding strains

11. This is what I'm doing. I got a 2x4' screen with only 3 plants in a row and they vegged for 6 weeks. I realize this may be a bit much but it's easier to train fewer plants than have a bunch smashed into a smaller space trust me.

Here's a link to my thread if anyone wants any ideas or has questions

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-medical-marijuana-growing/1196843-herojuana-og-scrog.html