Scrog and LST question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by talos4, Jan 25, 2007.

1. I've seen pics of say a closet grow where someone will have 4 females going. But it looks like they have 15 huge colas. I'm wondering if this is done with LST or Scrog, and if anyone has any pics of this type of set up or info on how its done. I know Scrog is where you feed just the buds through say chicken wire so they all get light, and I know you top plants you want to Scrog. But what about LST? Do you yeild more if you Scrog and LST? I just started a closet grow. The closet is 2' deep x 4' widex 5' tall. My plants have been vegging for 2 weeks so I guess its time to find out about Scrog and LST and decide if its for me or not. Anyone have any info or pics?

2. look in the grow journals, august west, has a exellent scrog, example for you, and lst, is all thru the journals,,,,,, happy searching, and good luck withyour grow....:)

3. ok i'll check it out thanks!

4. my plant has 10 main colas, u might want to check my grow out, link in the sig. I LST'ed mine. 2'x4' would be fine for a scrog, although it might be hard to reach certain spots. LST is really easy, i havent tried a scrog though.

5. Scrog and lst bacically spread the branches so more light can get in and if you cut main the main cola off during veg, it will encourage the other minor colos to be majors. Both methods keep the growth low for even light distribution and small grow boxes. They're both good for the kind odfcloset you have. If you've got 5" of grow space, you could probobly add I smaller top veg room and a larger lower flower room. Then you would double the output by twice.
    :hello:

6. In many respects scrog and LST are the same thing. They both are methods to train the growth horizontally and short. The plant doesn't know or care that it is bending around a piece of chicken wire or a piece of string.

A scrog can be harder to handle if you have to move it around, transplant plants, flush, remove males, etc if you have multiple plants grown into the same screen. For this and a a few other reasons I prefer LST, I have found no benefit of scrog over LST but am open to hearing the other point of view.

7. Do you have to top when doing LST?

8. Nope. Just tie branches to train them to grow low and into open areas where they will get max light. You can also tie or tuck fan leaves to make sure tops get full light exposure.

9. Do you have to top when doing LST?

No, you don't have to cut the top coloa. I've found that if you keep the top cola just tied down, it will stay about the same size as the other now faster growing colas. And I like the LST with twist ties method.

10. At what point in vegetation do you start LST'ing?

11. I start as soon as I can (around 3-4 inches)

12. i guess you could call me a ''COLA GEROWER'', because i dont top my plants, i look forward to that cola.

allthough, im alllways new to new ideas, right now 1 of my plants is a topped and fimmed lst plant. right off of ''DIERWOLFS'' thread, on fimming and topping!!!!,, it hasnt sexed yet, so who knows?????

good luck. ill be watching, i dont post much. but im onboard!!;)