ScrOg-Amnesia Lemon and Jack Diesel

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by exs, Aug 8, 2011.

1. I know the smell and taste improves as you cure;)just meant Im hopin that they will be smelly in the first place

2. Just been talkin to a friend of mine who lives in the netherlands hes gonna start sending a couple of g's a week in the post while I await my harvest.Situation here is so bad all you can get is sprayed weed, shit soap bar hash or occasionally some seriously overpriced,but potent, weed.
    Worked before gettin it from Germany and dont worry will not be sent to the same address as where the plants are!

3. looking sick man. your setup looks so much better bet the girls are loving it. keep it up.

4. Thanks I'm mich happier with the setup more money would equal better setup again we'll see after this crop.Dont worry aint nothin stoppin me now!

5. Day 29

Some plants poked up through the screen by a couple of inches so pulled them under and spread em out to allow more light into lower branches.Most plants are just touching the bottom of the screen theyll probably grow through it within the next couple days. I think I'll switch to flower once every plant has been trained back under once so within a week id say.Just by lookin at the amount of branches I think after the 2 week stretch in flowering and due to the mostly sativa hybrids they should easily fill the screen.I will continue to train them throughout the stretch and then leave them grow up.

Bought some aloe vera juice to add into their water every once in a while to feed the microbes in the soil.

Can anyone tell me if the last pic actually is calcium deficiency?Just wanna know incase I got the diagnosis wrong and the lime isnt helpin anything.

pH is 6.5-6.8

Day temps 78F
    Night temps 62F (added fan heater today on a timer 15min on 15min off during dark period.Will check what this raises night temps to hopefully to about 70F

Attached Files:

6. Hit it with cal mag? I was gonna say PH but looks like you said it was stable.

7. looking good cant wait to try a scrog setup. keep posting pics

8. #89 exs, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
    I foliar fed them with garden lime which contains calcium and magnesium.The nutes also contain magnesium-the damage has stopped I think was just making sure incase I was wrong and I'm imagining an improvement.pH is stable so its not that and its only affecting one plants older growth think it should be ok!

The leaf curling has also stopped figured it must have been the humidity so Im still misting with plain water every once in a while.

9. Day 30-Beginning of 12/12

As the heading suggests decided to begin flowering.From what Ive been reading the sativas can stretch double, sometimes more, in size and in a scrog its better to go a bit early so that it doesnt get over crowded supposed to be a nightmare to sort out.

Moved the light up a couple inches incase they shoot up Ive heard it can happen lets hope so.They were fed with the 4-8-6 nutes with added aloe vera juice to feed the microbial life.Brown spots have definitely stopped spreading as well which I'm really happy about.

Stay tuned!

Attached Files:

10. Sweet!! May think about lollipopping. Clearing out some of that foliage under the screen will improve air flow, although you may wait a week and do it so those branches can reach their full potential

11. Yeah just waitin a couple weeks til the stretch starts to slow then I'm gonna clear out everything thats left under the screen.Might leave a few small branches under there for some popcorn bud for hash making not too much though want the plants to focus their energy on the main colas:smoke:

12. You have great plans. I'm about to chop tonight... Stoked! You may have already said so, but is this your first grow?

13. Nice seems like harvest time is ages away lol hopin to have somethin smokable by christmas.

It is and it isnt its what Id call my first proper grow; I grew some plants in a smaller attic a couple years ago in a tiny cabinet under a 200w envirolite, started off with one euphoria and 2 unknown bagseed one of which started off outside but remained very small.The space was so small that each plant was in a 1 litre juice carton(think thats about 0.3 gallon) so they were definitely root bound causing a big loss of yield.One bagseed turned hermie on me didnt mind needed the space so chopped her down, the other 2 were female.
    I LST'd the euphoria as it was gettin a bit too tall for the cab, had never heard of LST just did it thinkin I had come up with the idea lol.Anyway long story short cos I didnt really know what I was doin I ended up with prob less then an ounce never weighed it in the end.
    Before that I had a guerilla bagseed plant left to its own devices outdoors, it never reached maturity shitty weather here killed it a few weeks after it had begun flowering.Wouldnt count that as a grow only put a seedling in the ground and then checked it every once in a while was never fed or watered just let nature run its course, more of an experiment then anything.

So I guess Ive grown before but this time theres some thought and effort gone into it so hope it pays off!

14. Adding that fan heater for the colder nights and switching the lights to 12/12 really gave the girls a growth spurt.did some more training a lot more light is reaching lower branches so hope to see them reaching the screen soon.

Pics up tomorrow keep it interesting;)

15. And so I encounter my first major setback;
    My advice to you all is to always have a plan B! If plan A shits the bag have some kind of backup ready.

So do you want the good news or the bad news?Bad news is the hps bulb I bought off ebay was a dud, either that or the ballast which I really hope it isnt!
    Anyway checked plants during the 'day' and light was off.Tried to fire it up and all I got was some blue glow but the bulb wouldnt light up properly.On closer inspection I noticed some black patches forming along the filament so hoping the bulb was just shit.

Now the good news:

New bulb on the way(this time from a reputable brand) and according to research plants can survive 72 hours without light, some people purposely give them a 24 dark period before beginning 12/12. I wanted to make sure they survive so while I wait for the bulb to arrive in the post a friend of mine is lending me two 200w cfl's, one blue and one red spec which will hopefully prevent the plants from gettin stressed out too much. Should be gettin them tomorrow and if that doesnt happen I will go searching locally for a 600w hps bulb(this could be hard to find as there are no grow shops anywhere near my area) and as a last backup will spend money on normal cfl's if I have to.Wont be ideal but when life deals you a shit hand you have to play it to stay in the game.

On the positive side I have so many branches from the FIM that I had to train them again today to keep it under the screen.Lets hope we get the lighting sorted or were back to square one...

Anyone ever have the same thing happen and how did it turn out?

16. That all sucks man! Sorry to hear about your troubles. It's true that you can leave them in darkness for awhile. I left mine in darkness for 50 hours before I made the chop... Really brought out the resin! If you get the temporary cfls you will be fine.

17. Yeah I'll have somethin sorted before the end of the day to at least keep them alive.I knew somethin was gonna happen I kept thinkin it was too easy lol.As long as its not the ballast really dont want to have to buy another one.

18. Phewww
    Today was one of the most stressful days Ive had in a while. The two 200w envirolites fell through couldnt afford the 120 euro he wanted for them so had to get 5 24w 2500k cfl's instead.Its nowhere near enough lumens but it will keep them goin til the new bulb arrives. Im so pissed of that it happened at such a crucial stage the next 2 weeks are supposed to be for fillin the screen but all I'm gonna get is stretched branches with big gaps between nodes:mad::mad:
    Had to put em up in a rush as well have visitors down for tonight didnt get to water them either soil was slightly moist at the top so should be fine til tomorrow

19. Your scrog grow looks awesome! In thinking about doing it for my next grow, check out my current grow in my signature! Thanks peace.