Scripts

Discussion in 'General' started by GospelDawg13, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Is a medical script form a doctor valid in all states that allow medical use? Even if the Doctor writing the script is in a state that does not allow its use. Thanks

2. #2 *guest, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    No.

...I need more letters to submit this post.

I guess I'll just elaborate more. Different states have different ideas of what medical marijuana can be used for. A doctor in CA saying "this patient should use weed for X illness" might not get you anywhere in a different state.

If you suffer from something that allows for medical marijuana use in both the state where your doctor is located and the state where you are trying to get medical marijuana, I imagine that might help when it comes to your medical history, but you shouldn't assume that one doctor recommending medical marijuana for your illness in one state will mean you will be allowed to use medical marijuana in another state.

3. Nope. It's only valid in the state you get it, and you have to live in that state to get it - have a drivers license or I.D. card from that state. Can't get a med card in CO and come to CA and use it.