Screwed up my lighting schedule question....

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kushman1369, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Hello all. Quick question... I started off some seedlings about a week ago and they are already starting on their second set of leaves. First set of leaves are all nice and juicy. Everything has gone very well, 5 different strains, 15 out of 18 seeds to plants. Only problem is I am an idiot who doesn't know how to work an electronic timer correctly and didn't realize my plants weren't on 18/6 but rather 24/0. So, after realizing this I went to 21/3 yesterday, then 18/6 today. Tonight I came home to find that most of the plants have wavy leaves now, and some of the new growth is coming in a little crooked. What are my plants trying to say to me now? Could this affect further growth? Should I just scrap the 18/6 and go to 24/0? Keep in mind I eventually do want to get on a 18/6 regimen. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Hey kushman, well since its early on the change in the lighting times shouldn't effect them that greatly. I would recommend getting on a 18/6 schedule now & staying on it for the remainder of veg you will be fine with that light cycle. I am not sure what the wavy leaves are about I don't think it's due to the change in lighting sched. and I wouldn't worry about some of the growth coming in crooked. Pics would help to see definitely if that's possible. But I'd def get on that 18/6 cycle now & keep it pat there. Best of luck!

3. Thanks my friend. I've grown before and don't remember seeing anything like this. I'm most likely just over reacting as I've put a lot of effort into this over the past many months just to get everything perfect. Leaves are as healthy and green looking as can be and before today were perfectly formed, just all of a sudden have weird wavy angles, almost deformed, and it definitely happened during the lights off period. Strange. I'll def stick to the 18/6 schedule, always has worked great for me in the past, just hoping I didn't stress them too much or something. Thanks again.