Screwed up curing please help!

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by simon1409, May 1, 2017.

1. What do you do if you fall asleep with ur curing jar open and accidently dry out the buds completely? They're dry af and havent gotten any smell or taste at all... I've had it in 45-50 degrees (7-10 C) They're not even sweating. Had it for 8 days now.

on fb I got the edvise to put the jar in the freezer for 24h because it kills mold and cus mold should have been created but I dont see any? can anyone back this idea up?

2. Mold and dry buds don't go hand & hand read what you typed. Just put the bud in the jar.

You have a hygrometer? Do the buds have an ammonia smell to them?

Settle down and tell me step by step what you've done since harvest.

After chop, 4-5 days hanging, my bud is 50% perfect to jar. Smell comes back 7-14 days

3. Yeah I know thats what I thought as well. I told the guy on fb that it sounds weird that mold and dryness would happend at the same time but he said this (Copy from fb) " Exactly if u leave it jar open then mold ruin buds that what why important it to keep close" but it didnt sound right and thats why I asked here as well.

Here's step by step what has happend

Day1: Harvest
    Day1-6: Drying. The stems didnt snap completely but I read that they shouldnt. that the buds should be dry on the outside but still a bit moist in the center?
    Day 6-14: Curing with the temps u just saw but no I dont have hygro atm cus I ordered one but it turned out not to work with the cord-thing as humidity reader or however I should explain it (sorry english isnt my first language). I have a small one but it has no cord so maybe take some cling film (?) as a seperator so that I dont place the hygrometer directly on top of the buds? oh yeah I've vented for about 30-45min a day since the curing began

4. I'll go check the humidity right now. Hold on for a few min!

5. Humidity at 42% inside the jar

6. I use Boveda , they work both ways - add moisture or remove moisture. Stick the required pack amount inside a sealed jar and let it do its magic.
    Boveda packs will get your weed to the ' perfect ' 62 % . They work well for me

• Like Like x 1
  7. If your harvest was so arid that it could completely dry out while you "went to sleep," it was already too dry to start with. The whole point with curing is to bring the moisture out of the weed as slowly as possible. We hang ours for 36-48 hours in a small drying cabinet we made which is just an armoir with a couple of racks in it and a small desk fan that barely blows put in there just to move air around very slightly. After it hangs for the proper period of time, I cut it off the stalks and put it into mason jars. I leave the lid off for the first 3 or 4 days and shake the buds around several times a day for the first couple of days just to make sure air circulation is getting into and around all the buds. After about the third or fourth day, depending on the dryness of the buds, I put the lids on the jars but still open them 2 or 3 times a day to let fresh air in. It's all about making sure your buds have good air circulation to a point, but then sealing them at the right time. Your buds may seem very dry but they likely still have moisture inside them at only 8 days in. It generally takes around a month to cure weed slowly and the right way. You just don't want to seal it up before you get enough moisture out or it will mold. If your bud is actually that dry, you need to up your wattage on flower lighting so your buds will plump up. It's got to be a very thin and arid bud that will completely dry out to a crisp in only 8 days. Best of luck. TWW

8. Yeah light sucks its only a 120w LED from china but a 400w is on its way. People are saying that I should use orange peel for moister? I know it works for dry weed but does it help the curing?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anyone? Orange peel yes / no?

• Like Like x 1
  10. No. This insites mold. This will only put moisture at the surface of your buds and will not help the curing process in any way. Did you leave the hydrometer in for 24 hours? That's how long it takes for an accurate reading.

11. That I did not... The jar was closed for like 20hours and then I put the hygro in for about 2hours and it read 42% :/

• Like Like x 1
  12. Live and learn. Smoke that shit.