Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Screens

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jtanner33, Mar 23, 2009.

1. how often should you change ur screens on a pipe? and is there really much of a differnce with bronze screens and steel ones???

P/s i am stoned lol

2. Never, just use a lil nug to block the hole.

3. i never change them. It collects resin. But i like using fresh screens occcasionally

4. #4 Sparkin, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
    Sometimes you'll need to clean your screen if it clogs.

Bronze and steel doesn't really matter, they both work the exact same.

Just get a butter knife and pluck the screen out, then light it up with a lighter and simply blow the ashes off the screen. The screen will get some-what cleaned. (You might have to blow 2 or 3 times)

Then stick the screen where its suppose to be and poke it back into place with the butter knife.

If you keep doing this you can make a screen last years.

5. ohhhh ok i thought you had to change them like every 3 days. lol i just finished changin mine lol o well

6. Never, i use a glass jack.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorry for shitty blurry ass camera phone pics

7. I see a red triangle^

8. I never use em... waist of time and they always clog. So what if i eat a couple scooby snacks that pull through :D

9. I change mine when a hole gets in it.

10. well, its a shitty camera phone picture and ive already apoligized for it and i will again; im sorry. but to describe it, the orange parts are the "arm" type things that keep the clear bead from falling in. i usually put one of the arms in the hole because putting the bead in the hole obstructs the air flow too much, however putting the arm in does not obstruct the air flow at all. I haven't any ashes fly into my mouth ever. it was $5 for 2, very helpful.

11. I use glass screens also. They work really well. Sometimes after a few bowl packs you'll have to take a pin or something and take the screen out of the hole to clear up some of the resin on the screen.

12. fixed :bongin: haha

13. omg dude i thought my girlfriend and her friends were the only people in the world that rederenced weed to being "scooby snacks"

14. never used one with my glass pipe

15. Change your screens only when they develop holes. If the screen gets clogged, dig it out, hold it with needle nose pliers or jeweler's tongs, and blast it with a jet lighter until it glows red hot. Then take a glasses screwdriver or paperclip and scrape the ashes off of the screen. The vibrations caused by the tip of the screwdriver or paperclip scraping against the nubbly surface of the screen will shake off some of the more stubborn ash. When in doubt, hold the screen up to the light, if you can see light coming through each of the pores, you're good to go.

Just to be on the safe side, have an extra pack or two of screens on hand.

16. holy shit that sounds like a fuckin amazing invention... seriously I want to get one. I never heard of anything like that, and dont quite understand it...