Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Screens yes or no?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CitySmoker420, Aug 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i always use a screen, eating shit sucks, but yeah glass screen for glass bowls, metal for metal and stone for stone hehe. I usually toss in a small pebble into my stone pipe.

2. You just use a screen when you need one. When the hole in a bowl is too large and ash pulls through too easily, you use a screen to keep it from pulling though. A well made bowl (pipe) shouldn't need a screen though.

Some bowls for bongs and other smoking devices will have larger holes to increase airflow and could need a screen because of this.

You should try to get a glass screen as opposed to a metal one if you can.

3. i think hes talking about a spoon not a bowl for a bong but arent spoons called bowls sometimes? just wondering cause thats been confusing me for awhile

4. around here we call spoons bowls and we call bowls bowlpieces,

5. i ususally don't use a screen for glass bowl but i use jacks for my bong.

same around here

6. molino

7. For glass use glass screens, metal for metal,ect.
    I only use them for dry pieces so far, and havent tried them for water pipes.
    Usually i dont need to use a screen tho.
    They are a bit of a pain in the ass to clean.

8. Why should you not use a metal/brass screen in glass?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.