Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

screens on bubblers/bowls/bongss?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by guitardude105, Aug 18, 2009.

1. hey guys whatup i dont know id this has been made b4 i searched got nothing.

K weell i was wondering if you guys used screens on your bowls because some of them have a big hole and the ashes go through into your mouth and thats really annoying

i dont know if you'd use them on bubblers i dont have one yet but idk HBU?

and bongs i dont use a screen b/c that like defeats the purpose of the water to filter shit out and it would totaly defeat the purpose of the ashcatcher.

so yah my question is what do you guys used screens on and why or why not?
    thanks

2. i threw a screen in my old piece cause the mouth hole was too big and gave me ash. i use a screen on my home made grav bong and on any other piece that needs it really

3. i like to use them cause i always break up my bud real good before i smoke it so it burns better and i dont want to waste it by it falling through the hole in my homemade bong lol

4. Well with anything with a water filter (like a bong or bubbler) you dont need a screen cause the water stops any ash from getting to your mouth. Hence why bong water gets so grimy.

I use a screen on my metal pipe, but I dont use one on my glass spoon. The metal gives it a wierd taste if you ask me, which is why I dont use it on the glass. So what if I get some ash in my mouth from time to time, at least my bud tastes good.

Edit: But yeah as the above says, if you use a grinder it can be useful to put a screen on a bong or bubbler just to stop anything slipping down the slide.

5. kthx yah thats kinda what i figured

6. I use a screen on my bubbler because it's annoying having to constantly clean out my bubb.

7. I own glass bongs/pipes and never use a screen. My friend and I use a screen for his mini sneak-a-toke metal pipe that has a gigantic hole, but thats it.

8. I usually dont use screens but i like em when i have them. You can use a tiny rock as a screen too. And i love screens in bongs, i keeps thee bong a little cleaner and conserves the weed. :bongin::D

9. I dont use screens on any piece.

10. i use screens on new pieces. SO it can resin up and then start catching and holding the weed better. and not get into my mouth.

11. just get a glass screen you can use it in any tool and still tastes good and it will keep your bong water cleaner longer and they are cheap as hell

12. isint that why you change the water though o_O