Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Screens in metal pipe give metal taste?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by StonerKing420, Jul 5, 2011.

1. I've owned a metal pipe before, and the only thing I didn't like about it was the metal taste it gave off after every hit. I was wondering if this taste came from the screens. I know it doesnt come from the mouthpiece because I've smoked from a wooden bowl with a metal mouthpiece and it did not give off a metallic taste. So basically all I need to know is if the screens give the metal taste, and if you know how to eliminate this metal taste please inform me. I need a stealth piece because I am tired of trying to roll joints and failing everytime, plus I've been caught with stuff before so I need something small and durable, which is why I prefer the metal pipe, although I do realize glass is better, but they are too bulky and harder to hide which is why metal would be best for my situation. Any other suggestions for a stealth piece would be appreciated.

2. i use metal screens. they do burn eventually, meaning you can taste them. my sense of taste isnt that great, ive been more worried about the health risks of smoking metal.

i swiched to one of those glass screens and its pretty nice

3. nah, ive yet to burn my screen on my ssv (been using it for a few weeks, religiously)