screen of green & sexing after 1 week in 12-12

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wannagrowbigbud, Apr 1, 2008.

1. I have a couple of questions, so any helpful insight would be appreciated.

I currently have 2 plants that are under a 12-12 flowering light cycle. I am using 2, 200wt warm light cfls for 5 days now and they aren't showing signs of sex yet. They were vegged for 30 days. Is this normal not to show any signs of sex? I have read 1-2 weeks, so perhaps I am just being impatient. I have also gone to great lengths to make sure it is pitch black inside the cabinet.

Also the plants were vegged under 2, 150wt cool white cfls utill they were about 10 inches and then I put them in a flowering cabinet. Well now that they are in the flowering room they have been rapidly growing for 5 days now and I afraid they are going to out grow the space rather quickly. I have a 3'6" high space to grow in minus 10" for the lights, so realistically I have 2'6" feet to grow in. I don't think the plants are stretching for light because the lights are with in inches of the plants and they are fairly bushy. So I am starting to wonder if I am going to have to set up a screen of green to keep their verticle growth down. Has anyone had to do this before?

BTW my whole house smells sweet, better than any air freshner.

2. 1-3 weeks otherwise you have light leaks or some other act of god. Every strain will react differently to 12-12. sativas usually take longer. Your not suppose to flower until about a 1 1/2-2 months when they naturally show sex.

3. thank you for the advice