Screen Of Green: 1st time. 2 Led 1 T12

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by UniversalToker, Mar 7, 2017.

1. My scrog grow, or what I believe is the starting of a decent setup I will post my notes and measurements soon, I need to know the next step. Should I FIM or Top? Oorr. FIM the left and Top the right? I plan on keeping it going under the twine either making more sights for buds or keeping the height down as well as getting the benefit of a scrog at the same time. Any pointers/Ideas?

2. *************Week 3*****************
    .Equipment rundown.
    1 x F20 T12 (24")
    750L 3100k 20w
    2 x Feit Electric. LED.
    60Wr 3000k 800L
    So I have 9,100 kelvin and 2,350 lumens on a 0.65 Sq ft Box with the depth of 5 1/2 inches of the medium (Fox Farm Ocean Forest Mix) with a width of 10 inches a length of 13 inches being mixed with approximately 1 tsps per 3 inches with the nutrient supplement (PlanTone).

3. Attached Files:

4. You're going to have a difficult time adequately lighting your plants with that setup. By the way, Kelvin is a measure of the color temperature of your light, you don't add those together, they aren't cumulative. And lumens is a relatively useless measurement for horticulture, we only really care about PAR, and even that can be misleading.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Man you really have that net set low! My plants have always been topped numerous times and about a foot tall before the net is introduced. That's just how I do it, what you have going on might work for you me personally I wouldn't have it in there yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. What
    What lighting should I use if not the stated above and noted about the kelvin/lumen thing can you give me a quick rundown of PAR? Also thanks for the info. I need all of it I can get.

7. PAR is a measure of light intensity only in the spectrum that is conducive to plant growth. Lumens are simply a measure of total light output but don't factor in spectrum. So, for instance, you could have a 1000w light that produces 150,000 lumens, but if that light was all in the 550-600nm range it wouldn't grow anything very well at all.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Understood. How do I find out where these specific lights fall under?
    And if possible is there a light at home Depot/my local Light Shop I could get? I live in Oklahoma so we don't have hydro shops although I do have a shop that can order just about any light, nute etc I need. I just haven't had a good chance to start my hobby.

9. If you're trying to stick to a tight budget, something like a T5 setup would be adequate, although not ideal. The key is to utilize horticultural bulbs. Horticultural CFLs are another option, but if you go that route you're going to need more than a few of them going at a time to see decent results. Another option would be a horticultural LED, something like a 300w Viparspectra/Mars style LED would be adequate.

Lighting is the key to indoor growing. The more light the better, too little light and you'll end up with a disappointing harvest. It is very difficult to have too much light.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 UniversalToker, Mar 8, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    They have a few at my localgro but I don't want to go that route, I'd rather jimmy a HPS set up tighter.

11. I am also interested in the scrog method. My first grow was in a greenhouse, and I have decided to take the op indoors for a quicker turnaround and also be able to try different strains faster. I just bought 2 - VIPARSPECTRA Dimmable Series PAR450 450W LED Grow Light - 3 Dimmers 12-Band Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg/Bloom for my 4x4x7 tent. I am super stoked to get started this week. A few pics of my greenhouse round from last season are below. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. I was actually just checking tents out. I have a nice wooden set up for a box but I think I want to go the hydro/tent way but have absolutely no experience except growing in a gal with the sun as the fuel man haha. Beautiful buds. Was yours topped/fimmed anything like that? I just FIMed mine to try and get 4 branches instead of 2 or 1.

• Like Like x 1
  13. If you're interested in hydro I highly recommend doing a grow or two in coco. It gives you all the skills necessary for a DWC/Ebb&Flow/NFT style grow with much less initial investment and risk of catastrophic failure.

14. Yeah I topped them a couple times. My problem in my first round was I over tended them. I accidentally killed about 8 plants and these were the three Survivors. I sprayed neem oil on them to late in the morning and they baked. It was a tragic day! Hard lesion learned. I am going to start soil/tent and work my way into hydro. To much going on all at once for me to go full nerd first indoor round going hydro. Slow and steady wins the race.

15. 8? Damn man, that's crazy. I bet you felt like you watched someone hit your dog with a truck. But noted I will make sure I don't overtend. Damn man that fucking sucks. I've never heard of neem oil yet, probably should research that.
    See I was thinking the same exact thing (slow and steady) but I don't have very much luck with soil.
    I want to do Hydro because it seems simple and the only complex part is the nutrients for that theres a supply of Nectar For The Gods.
    Haven't heard of them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Quick rundown of each haha
    CoCo understood we have little coco blocks here and I am getting a bag of those red pellets for the medium (or any better suggestions)?

17. Just and update.
    Cut the left plant down, Right one is growing like crazy, I upgraded my lighting system to 3 LEDS and have kept using the single T12.
    My equipment is still a timer, two nutes plus I am missing tiger bloom, gotta get that soon. It seems to be thriving. I will get some more descriptive shots in, Her internode branching toward the middle is healthy and doesn't seem nutrient deprived and I'm making sure to keep the bottom stems and leaves that try to developed trimmed. I started bending her over today because when I cut the other girl out there is now room to LST so I'm going to continue bending and try to make it stay a suitable closet size.
    Next purchase, 2 brinks home HPS security lights that give off 9,500 lumen or something like that, I just know I won't get a decent yield with led lights.
    -SmokeyMcPot 20170329_162543.jpg 20170329_162555.jpg 20170329_162447.jpg 20170329_162520.jpg 20170329_162454.jpg 20170329_162534.jpg 20170329_162543.jpg 20170329_162543.jpg 20170329_162555.jpg 20170329_162447.jpg 20170329_162520.jpg 20170329_162454.jpg 20170329_162534.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  18. Very nice!!! I have done really well with Roots Organics nutes... check them out! I'm using their potting soil for the first time, and my plants are loving it! Week 1 veg. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. 20170331_143242.jpg I love the Purple (looking) led's I think the color and the whole idea behind led growing is intriguing I want my next set up to be a hydro out of a fishtank. I also enjoy how short and bushy those girls look that's what I'm trying to get to but without adequate lighting everything's a challenge haha. In due time I suppose!!
    What's your opinion on blacklights?
    I have read sooooo many posts arguing against eachother.

Attached Files:

20. That
    Holy camel shit. That's WEEK UNO?
    OMFG.... I have a loooooong way to go and a lot to learn I'm just looking for the job to get me out of Oklahoma haha but that's insane, my week ones have always been weak sauce compared to those. I love the density of the leaves as well. Those are indica right? What strain?