screen in bongs?

Discussion in 'General' started by homack, Jun 2, 2003.

1. I'm just about to buy my first glass bong and I was wondering should I buy screens for it as well? What about for a glass pipe?

2. you usually dont need a screen unless you smoke tons of shake i guess.. the wholes are usually small enough so you can pack a bowl but loose enough for you to be able to hit it.

-Samus-

3. Around here we only use screens when absolutly necessary. The last thing we need is something else to spend money on.

The purpose of a screen is to keep you from suckin ash into your mouth. I don't think I've ever used a screen in a bong cuz most of the time the water stops the ash.

As for pipes, it depends on the style. If ur looking for something like a spoon you'll probably be ok without a screen. Other kinds of pipes (bats, chillums) I would say definitley get a screen. So it depends on what ur interested in.

4. ya, you dont want a screen in a glass pipe- it would look, how would my gramma say this.. "tacky"

-Samus-

5. there's nothing wrong with screens in glass pipes!

i have a little steel gauze in my glass piece and you can hardly see it. it's there so no weed falls through the bowl.

weed falling through the bowl = waste

gauze over the bowl = preventing waste

EDIT---> I've been using the same screen for almost a year now. It isn't broken or worn, and they're very easy to clean. So It's not gonna hurt to buy a few screens which'll last you forever as long as you don't get violent with it. HIYAAH!

like bruce lee shit up in there.

6. i always put a screen in my glass bongs.... nothing worse than smoking your last bowlful only to see half of it get sucked into the water :.( waaaaaaa!

7. Its your preference. Some of us like to souck there ash down into the water. And it is a nuisance to not drop the screen when you empty the used bowl.
    I need another ive lost my last. :)

ick

8. I've perfected bowl packing for my bong to the point where I don't need a screen. The only time I suck anything through my bong is when the bowl is completely ashed. I find it amusing to watch newbs insist on packing a bowl in my bong only to suck all their precious weed through..... heheh.... :)