Scream 4

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Blaze, Apr 18, 2011.

1. I gotta say, as a die hard scream fan...this movie was a good addition.

the best part was that you didn't really need to see scream 2 and 3 to understand it.

Wes Craven has signed on for a new trilogy :D

Blades, if ya saw it...what did you like about it and what did you hate.

2. Critics said movie should have been called scream $. I think wes craven had some gambling debts and decided to put out another scream movie.

It got mixed reviews. I will see it soon.

3. Critics are critics, a fan is different. And sir, if you liked the first three...this coming from a fan, you'll like this one.

4. I saw it opening night and loved it. Laughed a lot, not sure if it was the movie, the comments in the cried or something else.... but it was a very enjoyable movie.

5. Lets face it, scream redefined horror for a new generation. So ten years since scream 3 which was very good also what do we get?

We get a brand new scream, that is as hilarious as scary. Scream knows that it cant make people afraid anymore, After All the scary movies and after some truly disgusting horror movies have come and gone screams point was to never horrify. It's more like it wants to take you on a ride. It makes you laugh at the fact that we are watching a horror movie and the characters are almost super aware that they are in a horror movie. So theres alot of talk about what the new "rules" are and how some of these characters are knowingly putting themselves in foolish situations that in a "horror" movie would have them killed...violently.

The movie still surprised the shit out of me with its ending, and if youve seen it you know that just by me mentioning the ending scream does what no other horror movie has done so far.

So in short- It was funny as hell, It was overall very very satisfying if you want to kill a couple hrs.

6. Well said my dude ! i am hoping for a fifth installment, but that probably means sydney is gone, and if not in scream 5 then DEFFINITALLY scream 6

7. #7 Johnny Blazed, Apr 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2011
    yo the end had me surprised as fuck, they got my ass

anybody thats a fan of scream 1-3 will like this no doubt

8. It was corny as fuck, which wasn't a surprise.

Not really a fan of "scary" movies though.

9. i don't really consider the scream series to be horror, i mean there's the occasional "Jumps" that you get when something pops out on scream, but they seem more of a satire of the horror genre itself, turning its stereotypes on their heads

10. I initially disliked it but liked it more and more as I got further in.

11. i am going to watch it tonight..

12. tell us how u liked it. Scream wasnt initially supposed to be a satire on horror. The first scream pretty much brought back the horror genre. After the 80s and all the great great movies they had with over the top gore and blood there was NOTHING noteworthy until 1996 when scream came out. Sure we got some flicks here and there but the genre seemed to have died out with the 80's.

Now as the scream movies progressed and a sequel turned into a trilogy it has become a satire. One can only hope that as the years go on and more and more horror films come out that scream will continue to adapt and change to fit the changing times.

I will say that doing scream 3 and 4 ten yrs apart, was a very smart move. We missed it, we wanted to see our old friends again and hopefully watch the new ones die gruesome deaths!

So now This leaves scream open for ANOTHER trilogy. This time the rules are completley different, we need a set of brand new ones to establish. I'm sure that if neve or any of the other cast members dont want to be part of it, one of the new rules should be that eventually sidney HAS to die.

13. idk how u can call this a bad movie wen the remakes and sequels we get today are jsut fucking AWFUL

this movie was pretty good. excited to see another one hopefully.

14. I liked alot of things about this film, firstly the character development from the first trilogy. Sydney is now a sucsessful author who has actually moved on from the Hollywood murders. Gail is a depressed houswife who can't write any exciting book anymore and her and Dewey's relationship is falling apart.

The opening scene was brilliant for admiring the fact that this is just another sequel, and made fun of the fact that every horror movie today is a reboot.

And Jill's motive was excellent. "what world do you live in, you don't need friends you need fans" which describes the time point were in on earth. it is the age of social networking and celebritys popping up out of no where.

it was a FUCKING brilliant movie.

15. #15 NIXXXON, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2011
    Didn't read anyone's post (dont want to spoil the movie)...

but did you guys know Scream 2 had to be changed because the script leaked out at some point. Which changed the entire series. It was more of a Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 until that point. And from what I've heard... Randy, Gail, and maybe even Dewey were involved in the Woodsboro murder plot. Randy does verbally recognize the hidden camera in the original, most miss it.

16. i liked the story line of scream 3, putting parky posey in scream was hilarious but 3 had some really great sequences, like sids dead mother, and it really wrapped up the whole series basically. Some say it wasnt as good, but i would say the weak link would be scream 2. People sort of forget about it.

17. Bro, i don't know what it is about the scene in 3 where syd's mom walks up to her window, but that scene scares the shit out of me. 3 is a great movie, but i liked 2 for the kills way more that three.

like the two cops at the red light and cici. and the opening wasnt too shabby. but cottons opening death in scream 3 is way better.

18. Just because most movies aren't good doesn't make a bad movie any better. I still know what quality is, and this was lacking.

Scream is a horror movie franchise? Wow, that's news to me. Scream has always been a laughable franchise, I laughed at every single one of them without every being scared in any way other than the occasional jumpy scene. No fear is instilled from something as corny as these movies.

19. I definitely have to say..speaking as a HUGE fan of the first 3 films that 11 yrs later in Scream 4...i was definitely thoroughly entertained. It was an amazing opening and ending that still has me thinking WOW! I highly recommend this to any horror fan and any fan of the first 3 films...way to go Kevin Williamson and Wes Craven...cant wait for Scream 5 and 6!

20. It's not fear from the movie that is supposed to bug you, it is the fact that any angry misguided teenager can put on a mask and gut you is whats supposed to bug you.

Sure the movie isn't scary, non of them are, but when your home alone one night thinking nothing to happen to you, then your running for your life while a derranged, blade slinging, man is behind you then the fear sets in

and they made it clear in the first movie, that this can happen, and dose in real life.

thats why Scream redifined the horror genre, i study film in college, and the first movie was a sucsess, no matter what your opinion is.