scratches or cleaner residue ?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by abelgunz, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Ok so i bought this grav labs bubbler for myself 4-20-12 try to keep it clean as possible so bout every 2 days i clean it with some type of instant cleaner 420,resinate,etc i thought i had a good idea going as far as dropping the glass screen in it for a lil cleaning now i have noticed a ring around the inside that will not come out is this resin from the cleaner or scratches from the glass screen and if anyone has encounterd this how do you get it out first post ever sorry if i made any mistakes

Attached Files:

2. Are you using hard water from your faucet to clean it? Like any glass, it will leave rings that are irremovable. Try filling the thing up with acetone or another solvent and putting cling wrap on all openings, and letting it sit for a day or so. Could take off hard water stains.

3. yes i do use faucet water to clean it. I'll give the acetone a shot see if it works thanks for the idea 110 dollars at a local headshop only to have it look like shit 4 months later sucks kinda looks like little holes or salt rocks are stuck to the inside glass well still give it a shot let you know if it works

4. I have a similar situation going on with my dome perc, the whole piece is clearer then new, but the dome perc, the glass around it, is like that, but it wont go past the Ice catcher, I can clean down to ice catch with paper towel and get it spotless. I hope acetone isn't the only option, let me know how this goes.

5. damn man you paid pretty high for that, I think they go for like 75 online is your the smaller or bigger showerhead?

6. Hey man, Post up some better pics. Is it salt deposits? Or hard water stains? There is a simple answer to this, first clean the tube with 70% iso or higher and salt. get all the resin out and gunk. drains, rinse with water, dry.

Next go in your cabinet, you most likely have white vinegar. Plug the joint in your tube, and fill the tube with the vinegar submerging all salt deposits and hard water stains.

Let the tube soak with Vinegar in it for a few hours/over night shaking it every once in a while.

give it another good shake in the morning or a couple hours later, drain the tube.... rinse with water and see if all the stains/salt is gone. If it is gone- GREAT. If it is just about gone and you are a perfectionist you can soak it again. Hope that helps man.

I just made a thread about this a couple days ago.

7. i forgot to explain what the vinegar does, it essentially breaks down the mineral deposits, and then when you rinse it... it leaves your glass sparkling.

8. #8 abelgunz, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2012
    ok thanks a shit load i will put up better pics so actually see whats going on. and vinegar sounds way better than acetone which i didnt try for fear of it not rinsing out complety, will try that more natural attempt i think you got it let you know if it works

Attached Files:

9. I still cant really see. It is kind of gritty too? like it looks like it should rinse right off? But for some reason it doesn't? Yes. Throw it in a bunch of vinegar and let it sit. Be patient. shaking every once in a while. Should do the trick.

10. :) Happy to say you were right . My bubbler is as clear as the first day I bought it didn't know i had the solution sitting in my cabinet all along . So your knowledge is greatly appreciated Back to taking clean rips with no worries .:bongin:

11. Good man, Glad I could Help. I made a thread in the toking tools linked here. Do you mind going to the link and just explaining how it worked. I am trying to get another person with a good camera and stains or salt deposits to document it. but your testimony would help lol haha heres the link.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-t...posits-hard-water-stains-off-glass-percs.html

thanks home, thanks for the rep. some coming back at you as well if you help me out :)

share the trick with others man!!!