Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

scratch on glass peices?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by the boat, Mar 2, 2011.

1. #1 the boat, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
    So theres this small sorta scratch on the water part of my sherlock bubbler, like its real small I didnt messure it but it probably AT MOST an inch, probably not even that... more like half an inch or less idk. But I mean it's definitly there, its not like somebody would look at it and say "dude theres a scratch on your bubbler" but you can tell its there if you look close and if you move your thumb over it you can feel its there. It's just like on the surface of the glass from what I can see and the glass is pretty thick. Should I be worried about this?

I mean it's no biggie but I could just imagine it somehow getting bigger and bigger till my bub starts leeking or maybe itll just get real deep and itll crack with the smallest ding (being stoned and bumping it against my dresser while trying to set it down it maybe?) idk maybe im just tripping out over this? does anyone have any experince with this cause its always been there sinse i bought it from my buddy, I don't remember when i noticed it but i feel like its gotten deeper or more defined (idk if it really has... maybe im just paying more attention to it cause its trippin me out).

Its sorrta like when you have a scab almost if you know what i mean. You just cant stop looking at it and fucking with it im scared itll brake i really like this peice though. Is it possible for it to get deeper? or is that not how glass works?

edit: btw do you think submerging it in pretty hot water (not boiling) to loosein some of the left over resin after the initial cleaning (scraping) could cause the crack to get deeper?