Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Scraping Resin

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Juan_Bond, Sep 21, 2008.

1. I was just wondering what is the best tool to use for scraping resin out of a glass pipe?

2. It 100% depends on what type of piece your scrapping the resin from, length and what hole on the bowl that your trying to scrape out of, personally my favorite is a paperclip that on the very end of it maybe 1/2 cm is bent slightly to get different places.

but generally anything thin,long, and sharp enough to scrape the resin off.

make sure to heat resin or the glass where the resin is before you scrape try to get if off. It will come off much better.

3. Thanks, people have mentioned that paper clips and stuff can cause micro-abrasions in glass so i wasn't sure if there was something better to use or something.

4. Thanks for the tip, I'm pretty new to smoking so i appreciate the help!

5. Why did you give me a negative rep for helping you out?

6. A very easy way to get about 95% of the resin out of your piece is denture cleaner. Fill a boil with hot water and place your pipe in and make sure that the water goes through it, not just around.

Place one or two of the tablets inside the larger bowl and it will foam up and turn blue. Wait ~10 mins until the water is clear. Take out your piece and rinse it off. Almost all of the resin on the inside will be gone and the only place that shouldn't be spotless is in the actual bowl, which you can just use a paperclip for.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/prod...=frgl_626862&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=sku302330

That is what I use.

7. I'm really sorry if I did, that was completely a mistake...I thought I made sure to give you plus rep.

8. Nah its ok man.

9. just a thick guitar pick usually works the best for me.

10. I just use a small knife.

11. Musician's friend right there :metal: Guitar picks have so many uses...

12. If you mean from the inside of the bowl, use a lighter to heat up a small knife or screwdriver, and be careful not to break or chip anything.

If you mean from the inside, use iso in a bag, then burn the iso off in a PYREX OR METAL dish.

13. I like the guitar pick idea...thanks guys!