Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. @Sc00byD00bie I thought I'd pass this along. My wife was having a conversation with another dog owner about the flea situation. Something I never considered was the histamine response. In order for Confortis to work the animal has to be bitten. This triggers the histamine response, depending on how bad the out break is your pet could chew the shit out of the self trying to combat the histamine response. In those cases the addition of an anti histamine like Benadryl or Zyrtec will stop the response and give them some peace.

HTH

• Like Like x 2
  2. Awesome man! I'll need to pick your brain when my clones grow up a bit. I hope all is well with the pooch!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. im a little confused, my dog is fine :confused_2:

• Like Like x 3
  4. *lol* I hadn't read previous posts and seen Ficky's post and figured something was up. All's well when the dogs are well

• Like Like x 3
  5. Sorry Sc00bie, I thought it was you, who was having flea outbreak. Senior moment

• Like Like x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Awe the old senior moments. Good to see it isn't just me. :laughing:
    Good morning Scoobs.

• Like Like x 4
  7. morning rb
    lol i sure had my share of moments :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  8. i just got some blumat distribution drippers which basically allow a single carrot to control up to 5 drippers so they all dispense the same amount of water with just 1 control point.

i set up 2 carrots with 5 drippers each, 5 on the right and 5 on the left side of the no-till.
    20160807_085831_resized.jpg 20160807_085908_resized.jpg 20160807_085917_resized.jpg

i think this way it will be a lot easier to get more uniform hydration compared to running 10 individual sensors.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Looking good in here Scoobs. Hey bro have you ever used an ozone (O3) generator for odor control? Or know anyone who has? I need to figure out something better than the charcoal filters. High humidity makes them questionable in my little ole pea brain.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think Dr Mengle was using one for the Laundry Room but the landlord said someone complained about smell

• Like Like x 1
  11. :laughing: :roflmao: What you saying Stiggy? The dirty laundry stunk or the O3??? Or the damn thing didn't work?

12. never used O3 generator sorry rb.

meanwhile got something going on with my seedlings, either spider mites, or some other mite :( also a few ants marching on the stems of a couple of plants...
    20160808_123533_resized.jpg 20160808_123912_resized.jpg
    also found lots of them running around the base of a pepper plant i have in there. and these wierd nodules at the base of the stem
    20160809_002648_resized.jpg 20160809_002656_resized.jpg

started IPM just now, gonna spray them every other day for a couple weeks.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Good luck Scooby. I'm sure you'll knock em down. Little bastids :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 5
  14. Thanks for the response Scooby. What are you gonna spray with?those are some pretty nasty looking bugs. I wish you well in your battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 5
  15. thanks guys!
    im using neem and spike lavender and soap. i also have some pepper spray from Neptune Harvest so i might use that as well in between neem applications. thinking of doing once a day for a few days.

i just hope its actually spider mites and not something else because i saw some weird looking fliers the other day, i didnt take notice but they kinda look like this winged aphid, although im not 100% sure. tried looking but i couldnt find any today.
    [​IMG]

what do i do if its aphids?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Hey Scooby if there aphids that would explain the ants. Ants will farm the aphids. Well normal every day aphids, not sure about the winged ones

• Like Like x 2
  17. yeah im going to get something for the ants tomorrow.

just thinking out loud but what if i dose the plants with some chemical pesticide? would it be a big deal since i will only flower clones from them anyway? im just thinking if its aphids might as well nuke em and get it over with, thoughts?

18. It probably wouldn't hurt to use a pesticide if you're going to take cuttings and do a whole grow cycle. Whatever pesticide use would be long gone by then

• Like Like x 2
  19. It depends on what it is. Systemic will grow in any new growth so cuttings will have it in them. Translaminar goes into any sprayed tissue but new growth has none. Contact killer leaves residual and are the least effective.

Half life is stated on the label and means that half the product is left on the plant. Then after such amount of days then half of that amount will be gone, then half of that and so on.

But using a plant as an empty vessel to hold a miticide and letting mites eat on it and die then tossing the plant would be little harm to your health. Just exposure.

There are some fruit n veggie miticides that are insect growth regulators. Way better than ornamental sprays regarding your own health.

If you choose to smoke it, the pesticide gets into the trichomes. I would have to dig the link up if I can but I read that any type of pesticide gets stored in plant resin and oil. I think it was talking about essential oils but it would work the same for cannabis trichs I'd assume. People focus on half life but the pesticide is ALWAYS in the tissue depending on again, systemic, translaminar or contact the entire cannabis lifecycle.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Wait. Aphids? That's what they are? Just use soapy water. Regular leaf aphids? Very very easy to kill. The root aphids are like herpes. Garden aphids live in soil and on plants but only eat plant leaves and stems. I actually only see them on stems more than the leaf tissue. They suck the sap from the vein but are very soft bodied. EO no issues with a good foliar spray then any mulch or top soil.

• Like Like x 2