Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. ouch! well at least you learned something! (dont you hate it when people say that? lol!)
    im just happy i found Bluejay's No-till thread as ive learned so much from it! i would have never thought of making botanical teas or neem foliars. but look at me now, haha!

peace!

2. #82 Sc00byD00bie, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015
    Day 14 starting week #3 and my no-till is starting to get thick[​IMG]
    20150417_105111_resized.jpg 20150417_105240_resized.jpg

pistils popping everywhere!
    20150417_105321_resized.jpg 20150417_105334_resized.jpg

but for some reason i spend more time looking at my mulch, lol! got a whole variety of stuff growing in this bed!

fenugreek
    fenu.jpg

crimson clover?
    chrimson.jpg

cilantro
    cilantro.jpg

sage and chives
    sagenchive.jpg

ufo
    ufo1.jpg

another ufo (tomato maybe?)
    ufo2.jpg

have a great weekend! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Looking good Scoobie! Is that some kind of cover over your bed? Looks like the plants are almost touching it on one side.

You have a great weekend too!

4. the black fabric? thats the smartpot. the white tarp is lining the cabinet sides and floor in case of a flood. not sure which one you are referring to [​IMG] 
    look at the first two pics you can see it better i think from above perspective.

5. The blue fiberglass panel looking thing? Looks like a cover that slides over the bed. In your first pic in that last update it looks like the plants are growing up and almost touching the bottom.
    What time is it over there? It's 6 AM here.

6. lol that's the LED light! it's about a foot above the canopy, maybe less. ill take a wide shot of my cab tomorrow so you can see it better ;)

it's 13:00 here now.

7. Ahhh. That makes sense! Yeah a wide angle would clarify things.

So seven hours difference. Interesting. I've never been, but would love to visit Israel someday. Actually the whole Mediterranean region.

8. #88 Sc00byD00bie, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2015
    ok so here's a better view of my flower cab:
    20150418_113121_resized.jpg 20150418_113254_resized.jpg 20150418_113533_resized.jpg 20150418_113707_resized.jpg

one plant is almost touching the LED, i guess it likes this light, lol!
    been 10 days since i started the cloning experiment. 6 clones in a mix of equal parts peat, EWC and lava rock. 6 clones in 100% coco coir.  clones were in plastic cups with some drainage holes at the bottom and sitting on moist perlite swick style. a heat mat was under the perlite tray.
    4 of the coco clones have roots, none of the clones in the mix rooted.

coco clones:
    20150418_115411_resized.jpg
    mix clones (I took the clones out to examine the stems for root beginnings, which i didnt find):
    20150418_120042_resized.jpg 20150418_120746_resized.jpg

i realize that its a small sample and conditions maybe not ideal, maybe coco lends itself better to a wicking type of setup [​IMG]  but anyway those are the results i got. i think ill stick to coco for cloning in the future.

anyhoo...time to load my vape!
    have a great weekend!

edit: also realized i probably should of added a liming agent to my 3 way mix as it is based off of peat moss, so this experiment isnt really worth drawing conclusions from.

9. Thanks for the flower cab pics! Makes sense now. How much headroom do you have?

I have some clones going in roof plugs right now. Just posted them in my thread this morning. They're doing awesome! Do you keep yours in humid conditions?

10. #90 Sc00byD00bie, Apr 19, 2015
    i dont put clones in humidity dome if thats what you mean and i dont mist them either. 
    i've done so in the past but ive found that at least with a coco or peat based medium, as long it is moist the clones stay nice and perky without. i live in a fairly humid area, its not tropical but the humidity rarely dips below 50-55% so i guess that help too. 
    i also like to let my clones sit for a few hours in water (and now in kelp tea since ive been reading the organics forums) so they are nice and hydrated before going into the cloning mix.

i have an idea for the next time i clone. to use cheesecloth to make little balls filled with coco and stick the clones in those, then place the balls again on moist perlite. the idea is once root shows i can just drop the whole thing in a pot without removing the cheesecloth, which i presume will eventually just decompose. less stress for the clones?

peace!

edit: i have about 3' from the soil, not sure exactly though will need to measure it ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. #91 Sc00byD00bie, Apr 19, 2015
    Peekaboo!
    20150419_141439_resized.jpg
    20150419_141455_resized.jpg

one of the #10's decided to go exploring above the LED, i never understood why clones from the same mother will stretch at different rates under the same lights, and in the same pot this time to boot!
    well seeing how it was yesterday this was expected i guess, i just wanted to see what would happen [​IMG].

at least no harm was done really, a small portion of one of the leaves got a little crispy but thats about it.
    20150419_141636_resized.jpg

anyway, i could of just raised the light but i thought it would wasteful since the rest of the canopy is kinda lower then this single one who stretched. AND since i have some empty space right down the middle of the bed, i decided to tie it down towards the center.
    20150419_143756_resized.jpg

12. I use kelp tea also to soak my clones and plugs for a few hours. Ful Power, aloe and Pro Tekt as well actually. I take the dome off after gradually opening the vents over a few days. I keep them on a temp controlled heat mat too so it helps with moisture retention. Our humidity fluctuates widely so I find it best to just create the conditions I need.
    I use the same setup for seeds, just without the dome. Works awesome. I rarely lose a seed or clone. Prolly more luck than anything though lol. I did fry a whole bunch of seedlings once when a heat mat stuck on high before I noticed it. Only took a day.

Garden looks good! Way to tie that baby down! I bet she produces the most.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #93 Sc00byD00bie, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    131317409_89888.gif 20150420_000127_resized.jpg 20150420_000739_resized.jpg
    decided to drop the hashberry, hopefully i can find a nice female and a good male to save some pollen for breeding project!

Happy 4/20! [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

#LOG Seed start - Hashberry

14. Happy belated 4/20(in true stoner fashion)hahaha

15. Thanks man! hope you had a fun day ;)
    just a quick update, gave my girls an malted barley topdress today ala coot style. ground up 2 oz of barley, sprinkled it on top of my no till and around each plant then drenched everything with water (+aloe+fulvic) from my chapin.  so much easier then bubbling, straining and all that jazz...

oh and i just had two abv firecrackers....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

peace! [​IMG]

16. Morning after the malted barley treatment [​IMG]
    20150422_092614_resized.jpg 20150422_092631_resized.jpg 20150422_092725_resized.jpg 20150422_092824_resized.jpg 20150422_092838_resized.jpg 20150422_092927_resized.jpg 20150422_093021_resized.jpg

here is Miss Stretchy, looks like she enjoyed the tie down :rolleyes:
    20150422_093152_resized.jpg

kosher kush clones are still far behind but it looks to me like they are about to get a big growth spurt.
    20150422_093211_resized.jpg

peace [​IMG]

17. I'd say they liked it! Looking good in there Scoobie.

18. Is this your first SOG Scooby and if so, what have you learned so far? i've always wanted to a "true" SOG but I'm always so nervous about overcrowding and numbers i have yet to try it. but if i did, what would your advice be?

19. this is my fourth SOG, but first time in a big bed like this. previously i was doing a SOG with 1 gallon pots so the experience is much different this time. 
    advice? hmmm...well if there's one thing ive learned so far is that i don't know how to make consistent clones, and that manifests itself in plants that vary in size, which is not ideal for SOG (you want uniform growth/stretch).
    see when you do a sog there shouldn't be much room for training since you pack the plants tightly. so ideally you want them to all grow the same, have an even canopy and not have to train at all.  that's the greatest challenge IMO.
    the advantage of course would be a much faster harvest since you can go to flower with little or no veg time.

as for spacing, i think that would depend more on the strain and how it grows. if its branchy you might want to space them out, but if its a strain that only produces a single cola with little side branches you could probably pack them more.

have a great day! [​IMG]

20. Hey Scoob and LLB,

I've notice that one early cut just above the 2nd or 3rd true node will slow the plants down for about a week or so, which will save you a few inches height wise.
    Also, If you cut just above the 2nd or 3rd true node, you can end up either 4/6 main colas, while your plants footprint won't increase too much in the way of its width, if any.
    If you top any later(5th/6th true node), you run the risk of just splitting the plants main cola in two versus changing the way the plant is set to grow. It's pretty damn interesting and makes me wonder what's so special about topping before the 3rd true node in terms of changing the plants growth pattern.

I know everyone has their own unique situations, so different strokes work for different folks, but I just thought I'd put that out there :)

PS, what's you take on how the spraying has been working for you?
    Have you noticed a difference in the development of the plants between the two treatments?
    Are the hormones working how they're said to?

Enjoy the day brotherman!