Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Oh yeah without a doubt, the only reason those plants on the side are in smaller pots is because that's all I could fit in there.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Blue Kush is growing like a weed! :passing-joint::weed:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hell yeah! You should see it's stalk next to the other plants, at least twice the girth, it's a monster I tell ya! Makes me want to fill up the whole space with just that just for the amazing pics I could get, lol!
    :passing-joint::smiley-rolling-joint:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ace Durban to start the day, hope everyone is having a good weekend!
    IMG_6234.jpg

:apache:

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Just an update from my side grow, got some Panama, Lemon Ghani and Blue Kush in there:
    IMG_6258.jpg

Panama in the middle in a 2x1 fabric bed, the rest are in 3gallon smart pots to the sides of the 2x1. I'm pretty happy with how this is turning out.

Panama (9 Weeks)
    IMG_6259.jpg IMG_6260.jpg

Lemon Ghani (6 weeks)
    IMG_6262.jpg

Blue Kush (6 weeks) IMG_6263.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. looking as good as ever!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Yo scoob girls look nice!

What is this ace durban?

smoker

• Like Like x 2
  8. The ones in the photo are Ace Panama. Actually they are F2's I lost the orginal mom but this one is nearly identical although it doesnt have quite the same high that her mother had.
    I did also have a Durban (Ace) which I recently harvested but I also lost the mom during the pandemic when I wasn't paying so much attention.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Looks great Scoob! They like those pots!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Yeah I'm actually surprised how well they did in those considering they are only 3gallon, although I suspect they have roots invading each others pots and the center.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Been harvesting most of what I got going on in the past couple of days. Got some mixed results this time.

The Ugly: The side area got really funky from what I believe was overapplication of alfalfa and kelp FPJ.
    IMG_6291.jpg
    I had 4 strain in there, and they all went crazy and deformed, buds stretching that kinda looked like foxtails right from the start and never really formed into actual buds.
    IMG_6292.jpg IMG_6293.jpg

Not only that but under the canopy the plant just grew like crazy and basically it was a huge mass of these elongated/stretchy buds all in a huge dense ball. It was so dense a lot of the leaves dried out and started to mold, it was a mess. Kinda wish I took more photos of the inside but I panicked and just cut everything out the moment I saw it. Most of what I salvaged from this space looks very larfy and unfinished, and this was chopped at the end of week 12.
    IMG_6294.jpg IMG_6295.jpg IMG_6298.jpg
    This is what they look like after gutting most of the insides and hanging for a couple of days (NSFW warning!)
    IMG_6316.jpg

Moving on to the good!

Panama from the second side SWICK area came out really nice! I'm actually surprised how well this project worked out, even with only 5" deep soil the plants came out really nice, perhaps could have used a bit more soil as she started to get a little pale towards the end but some might say that is a desirable effect, and the buds came out rock hard and looking great!
    IMG_6242.jpg IMG_6258.jpg IMG_6259.jpg

Got four plants like this from a 2x1 (5" deep) fabric pot.
    IMG_6310.jpg

#LOG harvest (Temple, Panama)

• Like Like x 4
  12. The badass!
    The Blue Kush clones I had in the no-till bed came out really nice, and huge! The almost doubled in size compared to the mothers I planted next to them, with almost no veg time!

Here you can see the BK in the front with the moms behind, remember the mother plants were a lot more develped going in than the BK clones, which only got a few days of veg (the moms had at least a month or more in their smartpots before transplant)
    IMG_6300.jpg

I also had some foxtails here, I think I need to dial back the lights a bit, even though I was using very little (have to check dont remember the number)
    IMG_6301.jpg IMG_6302.jpg IMG_6303.jpg IMG_6304.jpg IMG_6306.jpg
    IMG_6311.jpg

#LOG Harvest (Blue Kush)

• Like Like x 3
  13. 2 out of 3 ain’t bad. Looking good Scoob!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thanks bro, all in all it was a good run and I got a lot of new intel going forth (like, SWICKS are amazing!)

Have a great week my friend!
    :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. hi scoob, putting the indoor sipp together,do you think tumbled lavarock would be good in the tray, i got perlite,but i heard how they move around with 1 big bed on top. 3' x 4' x 14''.
    My sipp tray is a shower basin,4'' high. Im gonna put fabric paper on sipp stones,do you think laying 1'' pvc pipes w/ holes and open ends, across sipp bed on fabric say every 10'' would help w/ aireation ? thnx man,hope your stayin cool, hot as heck here:eek:

• Like Like x 2
  16. As long as they dont have any chemicals/paint yeah pretty much any kind of gravel/lava rock/pumice, even sand will work. Not sure what you mean with the PVC pipe, to put it in the soil?

• Like Like x 1
  17. I was thinking ,to get air between the bottom of smartpot bed,and on top of fabric paper that sits on sip tray,just lay some 1'' pvc between and not have full contact with each,prevent root rot? im going over all options cause im putting that big bed on top;), dont wanna have to move that ! lol,

• Like Like x 1
  18. The fabric pot/bed must be in full contact with the wicking media in order to absorb water from it and wick up into the soil.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Gotcha, how bout in the wicking media w/ air going thru PVC pipes?I've heard some do that:huh:

• Like Like x 1
  20. I don't think you could even do that, the wicking media has to be full of water so any perforated pipe sitting in it would also fill up with water. IMO you are overthinking this, just make sure your soil is properly mixed with enough draining media (lava rock/perlite, etc) and you won't have any issues.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1