Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. You guys got this goofiness in your neck of the woods yet?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Yeah, the whole country is on mandatory lockdown since last night, everyone was told to stay home, all shops are closed and only essential businesses can remain open. Crazy times we are living in I'll tell ya.
    :GettingStoned: <----Social Distancing --------> :GettingStoned:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gorilla Blood trimmed and jarred. Got 67grams, a bit less then I expected, but I wasnt expecting a lot more, I don't think this strain is a big yielder to begin with. I think I could have gotten more have I done a bit of training on here as there was just one bud close to the lights and the rest were significantly farther away.

Anyway, the smell is off the charts, very "gluey" or "gassy", and the nugs are completely covered in trichomes which stick to my fingers like superglue.

I think I let them dry a bit more than I like, even though the stems were still completely green the nugs in the jar registered 59% RH on my meter. I usually try to shoot for 65% when jarring, although 59% is still well within exceptable range for curing.

IMG_6122.jpg IMG_6123.jpg IMG_6124.jpg IMG_6129.jpg IMG_6130.jpg IMG_6131.jpg

Got a small pile of kief, which just melted when I started rubbing it with my fingers. IMG_6132.jpg

Stuff is so damm sticky, took me a few minutes just to get it all off my hands and onto a penny sized ball. IMG_6135.jpg

BTW, alcohol based hand sanitizer is really quick at cleaning your hands after a trim session!

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. Looks sticky AF!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. They are so sticky, and pretty much covered in trichomes. I barely had to do any trimming aside from removing the fans and a sugar leaf here and there.

• Like Like x 5
  6. I was checking the forecast to see how much time I have left before the heatwaves start this summer, looks like we will be hitting 88+ temps around the end of May...which leaves me about 10 weeks to squeeze in another grow before I have to shut down.
    Problem is, the Zamaldelicas, which occupy half the bed, need at least two, maybe three more weeks to finish...I didn't plan on them taking this long and I already have clones ready to go... I decided to just plant the empty half, and when the Zamals finish I can turn off half the lights, which will help a lot in those last few weeks when it will get warm.

Before
    IMG_6138.jpg

After (By row, from the top: Lemon Ghani 1, LG 3, LG3 (dont ask me why those got flipped) and Blue Kush bottom row.
    IMG_6139.jpg
    IMG_6140.jpg

Added a bunch of blumats, with 3 drippers on each, just to make sure everything really gets evenly watered. IMG_6141.jpg

Since the Zamals are still flowering the transplanted clones won't get any veg time, so technically this is day 1 of flower for them.

I was planning on changing out the main tent into a SIP/Swick system but I guess that can wait till summer, I'll have more time then to do it right anyway...

:apache:

#LOG Transplant as begin flower LG1-3, Blue Kush.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Did I miss the Durban harvest?
    How long did they take?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Yeah the Durban went down a couple of weeks ago at 80 days. In hindsight I could have let them go for a bit longer, IDK why they looked more "done" before I chopped them then after, lol. Still, they are in a jar now, smell amazing when I burp them.
    Here is the harvest post if you are interested:
    Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

• Like Like x 3
  9. Nice work, I'm going to fit some Durban into my space someday. May even do the clone thing like yours

• Like Like x 4
  10. Awesome garden of good and evil

Sent from my Alcatel_5059R using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Thanks for the kind words :GettingStoned: :GettingStoned:
    Ya know, it's times like this that I am so grateful to have my own cannabis garden.:Love-Plant:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Double no shit no shit no shit

Sent from my Alcatel_5059R using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. If something wasn't going wrong, I wouldn't believe it was my garden. It's time for today's lesson!

Never blast just transplanted rooted clones with the same light level as a plant in late bloom.

Allow me to introduce you to light burn
    IMG_6151.jpg IMG_6152.jpg IMG_6153.jpg IMG_6154.jpg IMG_6156.jpg

It ain't pretty let me tell you....a couple of cuts even went tits up.
    Now, normally I'd just take more clones and start over but a couple of weeks could mean this grow will go well into the hot season and that's no good. I'm already looking at the end of may for this and expecting some heatwaves in last week or two, if going by 10 weeks.

So, what I did was take some clones from the moms and transplant the moms into the no-till.
    You can see the three bigger plants middle and top, all Lemon Ghani (1,2,3). The bottom row of Blue Kush cuts didnt really get damaged from the light so I kept them instead of putting the mom in. There are also a couple of Ghani clones I left in the top right corner.
    IMG_6159.jpg IMG_6160.jpg

I made sure to raise the lights this time to allow them to adjust.

Oh and Zamaldelica nearing the end of week 14. Spotted a couple of ambers, I think she has at least a week, maybe two left.
    IMG_6161.jpg IMG_6162.jpg IMG_6163.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Bummer. It doesn’t take long.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Aint that the truth. With everything going on right now with this virus shit I simply forgot to check on them since I transplanted, its only been 5 days, but that was enough.

All in all, I'm home and I can still tend to my garden so I count it as a win!

:GettingStoned: :GettingStoned:

• Like Like x 3
  16. That sucks man. I dont think id ever do a full bed unless i had concrete basement with a drain. Pretty cool though, lotta prep for sure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. building the tent was the hard part, the bed itself is basically a modified 100gallon smartpot. with a waterproof tarp lining the bottom and sides,.

• Like Like x 3
  18. It's 4/20 month! A once in a century event and we are all in quarantine, lol!

Popped a nug out of the Gorilla Blood jar, smells like fuel with a very mild funkiness to it, sticky as heck!
    IMG_6180.jpg IMG_6182.jpg

Some update shots from the garden:

The side spot is coming along, day 18 of 12/12 and pistils are starting to show up. (Lemon Ghani and Blue Kush on the right, Temple of Apollo on the left.
    IMG_6184.jpg IMG_6185.jpg IMG_6186.jpg

The newly planted half of the no-till is also looking good, really good actually, all the clones I left in there are looking good and fully bounced back from the light stress they went through.
    The row of Blue Kush clones (bottom row) are looking very healthy, they almost look like they will outperform the bigger mother plants, lol...
    IMG_6190.jpg

And the Zamaldelicas at 15.5 weeks now, I think I will take them down in a few days, trichs are mostly all cloudy by now and almost no amber yet, but I don't think I will be looking for amber on this one anyway.
    IMG_6191.jpg IMG_6192.jpg IMG_6193.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well in these crazy times!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. I think I over-applied SST in my side grow, got a few different strains in these pots (3 phenos of Lemon Ghani, Blue Kush, Temple of Apollo) and all but the blue kush got this weird growth. I suspect too much SST (I gave them buckwheat SST around week 2 and corn SST around week 3), I may have added alfalfa FPJ to one of the applications as well, which could have contributed to this:
    IMG_6226.jpg IMG_6227.jpg IMG_6228.jpg
    I have the same cuts (minus the Temple) in the no-till which did not seem affected, I guess the larger soil volume helps
    IMG_6222.jpg
    The rooted Blue Kush clones grew way more than the mother plants of the Lemon Ghani I threw in there, they are almost double the size, which is crazy considering they only got a few days of veg, vs the month or so of veg the moms got while in their 2gallon pots. (Blue Kush on the right)
    IMG_6223.jpg IMG_6224.jpg IMG_6231.jpg IMG_6230.jpg
    This is week 4-5 btw.

• Like Like x 3
  20. hey looks good scooby!, so bigger pots are better than a few pots?

• Like Like x 2