Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Yeah there’s really three purposes. The reds and deep reds just lower spectrum if looking for fat buds.

Emerson effect requires a certain mix of red, deep red, and far red.

The initiator effect allows an extra 1.5 hrs of light during flower cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. I think the best thing I can do right now is grow a couple with what I have like you said and maybe then add reds and see how they effect things.

• Like Like x 1
  3. If I could ever stop experimenting, I could grow some damn weed, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. So true lol. :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Day 35.
    I have the UVB bulbs on for twice a day now at 20 minutes each time, I think the plants are getting adjusted, new pistils coming out and they look happy.
    gonna start upping the UV a little every day from now.
    IMG_4159.jpg IMG_4162.jpg IMG_4163.jpg IMG_4164.jpg IMG_4165.jpg IMG_4166.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  6. looking good man. check the pdf. here's an excerpt from section 8.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAGegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw2R3gHCjQ0xAEZMmOG5NZ6X

8. Cannabinoids Pate [95] cites older literature suggesting that UV-B radiation promotes cannaboid production in Cannabis and also speculates about cannaboid evolution.Plots of estimated UV-B exposure in different growth places shows an increase in Δ9tetrahydrocannabinol(Δ9-THC) with exposure, but a decrease in cannabidiol. Lydon [96] and Lydon et al.[97] found that in both leaf and. floral tissues the concentration of Δ9-THC but not of other cannabinoids increased linearly with UV-B exposure in drug-type Cannabis sativa plants (Fig. 7), but not in fiber type plants of the same species. Nowadays many sites on the Internet show that the dependency of cannabinol accumulation on UV-B radiation is common knowledge among private entrepreneurs in the drug industry. The biosynthetic pathway of cannabinoid synthesis is shown in Fig. 8. It is not known which enzyme or enzymes for Δ9tetrahydrocannabinol biosynthesis are induced or stimulated by UV-B radiation, but one can speculate. The gene for polyketide synthase catalyzing the synthesis of olivetolic acid possesses strong sequence homology with chalcone synthase and may have evolved from this. Chalcone synthase is one of the classic UV-B-regulated enzymes.

i think what they're saying is uvb is a good thing for delta-9 but not cbd.

• Like Like x 2
  7. That’s good to know. So basically uvb grown cannabis will get you higher, but maybe won’t be as medicinal?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Day 38
    I think I could have let them veg for a few more days. Most of the clones are doing great except for the Snow moons on the far left and one panama 2 on bottom right corner.
    IMG_4169.jpg

Bay Lotus showing off some variegated leaves.
    IMG_4171.jpg

Panama
    IMG_4172.jpg IMG_4173.jpg IMG_4179.jpg
    The Addon bay lotus, this one is 26 days, not sure its super happy in that smartpot, even if it is sitting on top of the soil.
    IMG_4174.jpg

Snow moon runts, this strain just takes forever to root and theirs probably wasnt developed enough when transplanted. Might get a couple nugs off of them haha. I have a couple of clones vegging in baby nursery pots with the moms so I might just replace these.
    IMG_4175.jpg

The corner panama, this clone was also kind of puny going in, doesnt look like it will do much. IMG_4176.jpg

Meanwhile my mother cab is exploding...Plants look so much better in the 3gallon smartpots and they seem to really dig the lights.
    IMG_4180.jpg

:apache:

• Like Like x 5
  9. Looking Good ScOOby there going to like your new light! I’m ready to flip my plants soon as the lights go off I’m switching to 12/12 I bought some compost to make a new batch of soil using the old mix. But once I flip I could see how they do. no use just letting them veg more and wasting more electricity. the Maya should do Good along with the Dragons blood I still haven’t watered the Maya yet no wilting. so I’ll be making new soil hopefully this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. I had to go look it’s been so long since they’ve been on lol. Which means they’re old technology now but they still have a lot of weed left in them.
    They’re Amare SolarSpec 150’s. I have 6 in a 4x6x7 closet for 900 watts of white full spectrum LED.
    Interesting that I just got a link to this article this morning...
    https://news.weedmaps.com/2019/02/study-high-intensity-white-lights-can-maximize-cannabis-yields/
    I don’t remember what the output of these Amare lights are exactly but they were one of the first that I saw using proper terminology to measure light output for growing, and focusing their efforts on designing lighting for those standards. That’s why they chose full spectrum. And why I chose them.
    It’s cool to see the technology progress to the point where it’s easy to source components and instructions to build your own.

• Like Like x 2
  11. I think the main advancement since the industry moved to full spectrum was more in terms of efficiency then anything else, so you're lights definitely should have plenty of good weed still left in them. And yeah tech is super simple now, you can even custom build your own board from strips if you wanted.
    [​IMG]
    Samsung makes strips of different lengths using their top of the line diodes and you can just daisy chain them with regular wire, no heat sink required.
    This guy here has a thread he DIY'd his own light using these strips, its pretty cool and you can really custom make any shape/size you like.
    Samsung HinFlux L09 build

• Like Like x 2
  12. @Sc00byD00bie did I read correctly that you’re going to be completely legal?

• Like Like x 2
  13. WHAT?! WHERE DID YOU READ THIS?!!?

sorry for shouting but OMG dont tease me!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. This is an interesting article...
    Top cop calls for rethink on cannabis prohibition
    It seems to be going in that direction fairly quickly. We’re on a similar path I believe, and the recent news out of the WHO regarding cannabis will only help. The rest of the world is finally starting to catch up to all us smart folks.;) :passing-joint:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Although its just a suggestion this is actually huge coming from the police. Hopefully our government will wake up and at least decriminalize it.
    :passtheshit::passtheshit::passtheshit::passtheshit::passtheshit::passtheshit:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  16. What the hell? That makes no sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Done building a clone light from the third qb96 I got (they came in a threepack)

Using parts I already had, its not pretty but it works :)
    Using black clips I attached a white plastic sheet to the brackets to act as a light diffuser/filter to get really nice and soft lighting for cloning with.
    IMG_4190.jpg IMG_4191.jpg IMG_4196.jpg IMG_4198.jpg
    Gonna be taking clones this week so I'll get to try her soon!

Meanwhile, decided to pull out the snow moon and panama 2 runts and replace them with two snow moon clones ive had in vegging a bit with the mothers.

This is the snow moon
    IMG_4199.jpg

The panama was looking really puny and malnutritioned, apon digging it out I realized what was going on. Basically it was in the corner where I had previously cut open the smartpot and let the soil fill the gaps in the corners , only, it was mostly filled up with mulch wood chips at that...
    So... I removed about 3 gallons of mulch from that area and filled both that and the area where the snow moon was with some fresh soil I had made last month. Then the snow moon cuts went in.
    IMG_4201.jpg IMG_4202.jpg IMG_4203.jpg

#LOG Snow Moon Transplant to 12/12

• Like Like x 3
  18. Time to test my new clone light!

8x Snow moon (blue tag)
    8X Bay Lotus (pink tag)
    1x Durban I (sexing)
    1x Durban II (sexing)
    IMG_4207.jpg
    IMG_4208.jpg

Improvised a bit on the cloning mix this time:
    1 part EWC
    4 parts coir
    4 parts peat
    Oyster shell flour

No aeration, I figure the coir will provide aeration and drainage. I tested the soil using the squeeze and poke method and it crumbled beautifully when poked.

Also to try and combat damping off I mixed a Tbs of cinnamon essential oil in a cup of water with just enough silica to emulsify.
    I then used a dropper to apply about 10 drops of the oil on the soil around each cut. Also using a heating mat from day one and leaving the lights in 24h.

#LOG clones Snow Moon, Bay Lotus, Durban.

• Like Like x 5