Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Yeah humidity can definitly play a role here since if its very humid the plant will drink less from the soil, se we need to water less of course. Btw, why not put your humidifier on a timer? Or you could get a humidity controller on amazon for like $50.

I saw those Elite fixtures. I mean I get it that they need to make a buck but $800 for $150 worth of qboards is a bit rich if you ask me. Even with international shipping I could build that for less then half of what they ask. The $100 board and heatsink combo however seems like a good deal.

Oh and thanks for that link I will check it out later! I would like to see how much a difference those make vs the regular boards.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Oh $800 for 2 Elites already built is outrageous! I could never pay for that when you could build your own for $200 and that’s after you buy the driver and plug. they tell you all the drivers that are compatible with the elite 96 on their HLG page I sent you.

Anyway with all issues I had going on with the high RH and overwatering just makes a lot of sense to what had happened. and come to think of it I have a timer I could use for the humidifier so it goes off when lights go out. I don’t know why I didn’t do that before :Smoking

You’ll like that thread they’re very cheap to build and give off a lot of watts all the information is right on that page ScOOby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1

3. :rave-girl::rave-girl::rave-girl::rave-girl::rave-girl::rave-girl::rave-girl::rave-girl::rave-girl:
    Quantum Scoob Jr.™ is up and running!
    Two QB96 with a HLG 40w driver on each!
    IMG_4150.jpg IMG_4154.jpg

Two of the three Durban seedling. Number 3 got attacked with damping off :mad:. At least these two look happy and healthy.
    IMG_4156.jpg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Hey ScOOby I love your lights and the frame you built! and the Scooby jr is 2x of the 96 boards Great Job and build! I was just watching the video for the 100 QBs I really like how easy it is to hook them up She’s a Beast

• Like Like x 2
  5. lol I didnt even know they made a qb100, its not even showing up on their qb page unless you specifically search for it. Either that or im blind haha!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Either did I I thought they just had the 65, 120, 132 and then 288 etc... but once I went on their site I looked under all products. Because I never knew they made a 96 board I thought they just were the elite 96’s lol!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Is this even a new model? Looks like older tech...

• Like Like x 1
  8. I wish I could built a board and frame like that! I would be able to make the frame lol but I’m not good with electricity and me don’t get along or I would build a frame for my 8 288’s 3k and 4 304 boards that are 35k I could find someone to do it I just really don’t feel like taking my boards off my V2 or V1 but now I know they have them 96s I could put them all around the edges of my 550 for a bigger footprint.

9. No you have all new technology right there they just came out with the 100 and the 96 boards probably six months ago.

10. Got it. Seems like the LED market is moving just as fast as the PC market, the moment you buy something its already obsolete, lol!

• Like Like x 1
  11. The 100s get five stars across-the-board I don’t know if you looked at this video...

12. Very true! HLG is an overnight success they came along way in just two years I’ve been dealing with them. But they’re coming out with new stuff every month so it’s hard to keep up. but the V2 is the newest diode and they’re not going anywhere for a while hopefully lol! Plus they teamed up with Timber.

13. Yeah I remember not more then 2 years ago people were quoting 50W per square foot to be a good start for flowering. Now with these boards I'm seeing growers saying 30W/SqF is the sweet spot and anything more is a waste if you are not using supplemental CO2. These boards are super efficient and LED tech still has room to grow in this regard.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Correct I remember 50 watts Per square foot. now that has nothing to do with it like you said, because my first 550 would pull 550 W from the wall that’s the 304 boards then I got the 550 V1 that gives off 515 W from the wall now the new V2 only has 480 from the wall. the V2 diodes get better par and efficiency I really don’t see the price of my electric bill going up that much and I check it every month. My in-line carbon filter and my fans pull more energy then probably one of my lights lol!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hey Scooby,

Here’s the condensed version with all the mapping and none of the BS

QB96ELITE V2 ***No BS, information only***

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  16. I have 900 watts of LED in my 24 sq ft grow space and I hit 1.29 grams per watt with it so I’d say that’s about right. I don’t use CO2 either. I don’t remember the PAR rating, sorry.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Nice! Id be a happy camper with anything above 1g/w, of course i'd have to get lucky with a full bed of plants where half of them dont die on me or something first, lol!
    What kind of lights are you using mainah?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hey thanks for the link! I'm really itching to get some of these elite boards but then ill have no use for my brand new lights I just finished building, lol. How big of a difference do you think it would make switching from what I have now to two elite 96 v2's?

BTW I'm getting a replacement 288 from HLG, no idea what im gonna do with it lol.

19. You just made a new light. I’d run it it a few times to see how it does. You can add red diode strips to match the effect. Qb35 comes with driver or qb18 board only

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. Yeah I was eyeing the qb18, but I'm still not 100% convinced how much of a difference it will make. Im reading some people say it makes fluffy buds? or buds that suddenly explode (?!) overnight.
    And another post where someone who claims to have been testing spectrum or something said there isnt really enough FR in these setups for a true Emerson effect. Forgot where I read it but I could dig it up in my history probably.
    I think I read the smackdown thread, he still hasnt harvested tho right?