Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Ah wish I could but I have no way to cool the flower room more then it is. Fortunately its December now so not so hot outside, it get over 90 in there during summer, lol!

2. I think I am going to start hanging in your journal Scoob. Prepper closed his journal and I have been homeless since (gonna miss Pepper :frown:). I will probably split them time between here and @Organic sinse 's auto page. You both are solid growers and seem to be overall excellent dudes! With no drama.:love-m3j:

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Oh Captain my Captain :)
    What happened why did Prepp close his journal? :(
    But yeah join in! You can learn a lot here because I'm constantly making mistakes! :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. I believe he had some changes in life. Sounded like all good things...kids, new business....life stuff. Probably the same reason I do not have a journal, I lack the time to dedicate.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Well that's good to hear :)
    Being too busy to keep a journal is a good thing! At least with organics there is not much to say as the plants grow themselves most of the time, I probably spend more time posting then actually doing anything in the garden, ha!

• Like Like x 5
  6. Gotta love it when a plan comes together! :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Fixed it for ya:rave-girl:

• Like Like x 5
  8. That is one rock solid compliment, thank you!
    cheers
    os

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. :rave-girl:Day 80 Snow Moon HARVEST!:rave-girl:

`5% amber it was time to chop this girl!
    These girls are PACKED with huge nugs so after hanging them I removed the big fan leaves and gave them both a H202 spray down with my 1Gallon chappin, then turned the fans and a small heater on and they were dry after about an hour. Hopefully that should reduce any risk of mold taking hold.

Pre harvest shot, Snow moons mid and right.
    IMG_3797.jpg IMG_3800.jpg IMG_3806.jpg IMG_3807.jpg IMG_3808.jpg IMG_3816.jpg IMG_3817.jpg IMG_3820.jpg IMG_3822.jpg IMG_3824.jpg

:apache:

#LOG Snow Moon Harvest

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. Sweet looking harvest Scoob! Can’t wait to hear the smoke report! 80 days is a great run. How much longer on the Panama?
    We use Dr Bronners also btw. Love it! That looks like lavender, one of our favorites. My wife is into making soap now also so Dr Bronners is mostly for hand washing. Three sinks, three different ones lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yeah its lavender Dr. B, awesome stuff :)
    Home made soap huh? is it very involved? whenever anyone talks about making soap at home im reminded of Fight Club haha.
    Panama I think still has at least a couple more weeks to go. She seems to have really bulked up last couple of weeks, but she's still kinda airy, at least compared to the snow moon.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Yeah soap making is a project. Several hours for a batch. Hot lye to handle and it’s pretty time consuming, but very rewarding. We make most of our personal care products and a few herbal medicines. The list grows all the time. It’s nice having control over what you put in and on your body. I’m still having a lot of skin and other issues so I don’t have much choice. It is what it is. I’m grateful my wife has taken to it as well. We can make twice as many things now.

• Winner Winner x 4
  13. Great minds clean alike.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Clones i took about a week ago not looking stellar
    IMG_3826.jpg
    They are still hanging in there so there is hope they root but just in case i took another round of cuttings. These seem in a bit better condition too, again not amazing cuts but somewhat better then first round.
    IMG_3827.jpg

I really need to move my moms out of the 1g smarties and into something a little bigger like at least 3G's.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I'm in a similar situation. I need to up pot my moms but, the roots have grown too far into the sip tray. If I break the roots to transplant they will need some recovery time for sure. So I tried cloning them but its not going as well as normal. Just got back from a week away, still haven't checked on them yet. Thats up next.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Yeah i find that with 1G they grow great in the first few months then they start to stall. The compost slurry I gave them couple weeks ago really seemed to help them, which is what made me realize they really need to be in more soil, especially if I want them to push out clones on demand when needed.
    My only dilemma is how to get them to slow down when I dont need them to veg so much. Tried gas lantern light schedule (11.5/5/1/5/11/5) but that didnt really do much to slow them so IDK :confused_2:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. #2537 Tree dogg, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    I have found trimming back some branches can slow it down without eliminating all the clone-able branches. It also makes for more branching than otherwise. we have limits based on size, so keeping small bushy plants don't really count toward our allotment.
    Less than 12" x 12" is considered a seedling / clone and doesn't have a limit.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Do you just remove the apical meristems from each branch? How often do you actually have to trim them?
    I usually am too lazy to do it on a weekly basis and end up having to do massive (relative) trimming every time they reach the lights, lol!
    Maybe I should just give them a little snip each week, I could do that same time I do my IPMs.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I will cut whatever branch. I’m not worried about slowing down growth, in fact that is what I’m going for, sometimes. I just judge the plant size versus container size. I try to leave at least three healthy branches with a couple nodes each. These plants I don’t plan on flowering out, so the shape and size can get funky.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. It’s probably a couple times a month or less. The sativas seam to need it more often.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1