Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. The only real difference is that with slave drippers you have less carrots to mess with and calibrate, just dial in the carrots and all the drippers will emit according to what you set the sensors to. Before I had drippers I had 10 sensors which I had to calibrate each individually, now I only have to dial in the three.

In my 100 I have three maxis with 5 drippers on each for a total of 15 drip points, probably overkill but I don’t think you can have too many as they will all shut off when the soil reaches optimal hydration. I’m sure I could have been ok with two sensors and 5 drippers on each.

• Like Like x 3
  2. So would the six pack Maxi be just right adding several slaves to each for my 50" #200?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I think you can make do with 4 sensors and 5 drippers on each, just for ease of working with less carrots. They have two packs of maxis on amazon for 25 a pack.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Ok,so I'm ordering today!

I need a moisture meter and pressure reg.,anything else sir?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Would some pre filter be good as the lines are small?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I would get some blumat 8mm superflex tubing as it’s much easier to work with then the 8mm tubing that comes standard with blumat kits (this is for connecting between the water source (regulator in your case) and the sensors.)
    Personally I don’t use a prefilter.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. There Is a 9" and a 16" moisturizer meter,I ordered the 9".

My soil is 20" deep,should I change that?

8. Got it ($44 for 50'!)

9. Lookin good.

If you get some worms in your pots, they will help make pathways for air and water too.

I found with some heavy composts I have to use more than 1/3 aeration, like pumice or rice hulls.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Added about 15 RW to each pot about 10 days ago and just finished my 200 yesterday.
    I have 500 more in a 5 gal. SP bedded in NT with some MBP which they are devowering.
    Those are intended for the 200,should I add all or just some?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Is Malibu considered a "heavy" compost?

12. 9” is perfect
    I never used it but I think it’s indeed considered on the heavy side but don’t quote me on that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. So the main line I ordered (soft silicone)is 8mm,the sensors/dripers are all 3mm requiring four sets of "T's" yes?

• Like Like x 1
  14. That's what she said!

• Like Like x 2
  15. So the factory 3mm is soft and won't need replacement?

16. I haven't tried Malibu. I'm in New England, lobster compost is the equivalent around here. The lobster compost is pretty heavy and doesn't drain well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I wouldn't worry about how many are in each pot, they seam to regulate their population naturally. Just give it a couple flowering runs.
    Sounds fine to me. The malted barley does seam to boost them, and fungal growth.

• Like Like x 3
  18. The sensors will come with the T’s included and yes the 3mm that comes with the sensors is soft just like the superflex.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Getting there!

Thanx mang!! IMG_5122.JPG

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Day 44:
    Panama on far left, Snow moon mid and right.
    IMG_3694.jpg

Panama
    IMG_3695.jpg

Snow moon
    IMG_3696.jpg IMG_3697.jpg IMG_3698.jpg

:apache:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1