Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Why do you flower such short plants??

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Good question!
    I guess my initial plan was to fill up the pot with more clones and do it SOG style, but half of my cuts died and this is all thats left. I also got used to keeping them small because my previous rounds were all pure sativas and I was trying to keep them small so they dont stretch too much and get out of hand. I guess for the snow moons at least i could have vegged them some more.
    Next time!

:apache:

• Like Like x 2
  3. That makes a lot of sense, thanks for explaining! Sativa’s sure would get away from you if you veg them to the same size as most plants.

Freedom in Sustainable Gardening

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Yeah if you check my first couple of rounds I had vegged (I think they were panama, or golden tigers) for maybe 10 days and they got so big I had no room to train them other then on top of each other lol. I even had a round where I started flowering them in pint sized nursery pots and transplanted after 14 days or so, this really reduced the stretch to almost nothing compared to what it was when I transplanted before flower started, really helpful on those lanky and long flower time sats.
    Just trying different methods to hopefully come out at the end with some way to manage a 100% sativa SOG that doesn't get to unwieldy. Thankfully I'm not short on herb for my daily use so I can afford to experiment :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. How long are the flowering times normally for those pure Sativa’s? I personally wouldn’t take anything past 9-10 weeks indoors.

6. 9-10 weeks is a really fast sativa :D like the panama for instance is 9-12 weeks, but I wouldn't chop before 12 IMO.
    Golden Tiger was a bit more at 10-14 weeks.
    Then you got the really hardcore sativa like Mangobiche or Green Haze that can go to 20-24 weeks :eek2:. Not sure im ready for those yet, but I got the beans waiting :)

• Like Like x 4
  7. Mangobiche really sounds appealing but it would take a lot of patience. It would be a great challenge!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Green Haze sounds pretty cool, wonder what the yield would be on something that flowers for 20+ weeks, lol. Guess there is only one way to find out!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I really dont think I will mind the waiting, its just that with such a long flower there is more chance for something to go wrong. Definitely gonna need to do neem foliars well beyond 21 days with a strain like that.
    Yeah I'm guessing something like that can stretch like crazy and end up really huge with massive colas haha!

• Like Like x 3
  10. Haha, that’s what I was thinking! Very interested to see how this all turns out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. @Sc00byD00bie you're a mack. I ran a 108 day strain. Sure it popped a couple nanners but nothing a spray bottle cant handle. Do it! Matter of fact it was The One x Guererro. Now I'm running g13hp because that was exhausting lol

• Like Like x 3
  12. Yeah ill definitely do it at some point, maybe in a round or two. Need to get two or three keeper mom first after loosing all the ones i had before.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Scoob,just wondering how this first NT soil went as far as drainage in a 100 gallon?

I'm doing the same thing in a 200 and have people suggest 6-8 cups of RD hinders drainage.
    I know my 200 80% full will be 20" deep.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I think this mainly will depend on variables with different rock dusts and composition of humus sources used, types and amounts of aeration used etc...
    Personally I had no issues going with the full 6 cups of RD in my mixes, but I know others have had issues using that much so YMMV.
    I think my situation using blumats also helps with preventing overwatering.
    Bottom line I would say go with less if in doubt, maybe try a smaller pot with more if you wish to experiment.

• Like Like x 3
  15. IMG_5113.JPG IMG_5114.JPG
    Well I used all Malibu and smaller pumice
    6 cups Cascade RD for 3/4
    8 cups Agrowinn RD for the last 1/4 of the 200.
    My six 6 gallon pots I have hold moisture to no end (but remember all I ever used before was FFOF with 25% added perlite).
    The small clones only needed water once a week,now 5 weeks and need it 2x a week.
    First time last night watering I had some runoff so it seems like draining is not an issue and plants look fabulous!

The 200 is outside in a SP,the 6's indoors under 4 qb120's.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Btw,thanx for suggesting the Chapin fogger head!

Really lovin that thing,I keep it loaded and give baths regularly!

• Like Like x 1
  17. I like to estimate drainage by how fast water disappears when watered from the top and less by observing runoff, as it’s really enough for a single pathway to be available for water to drain, but it does not necessarily mean the soil has good drainage (good drainage is also the ability to allow air and oxygen to reach to roots with ease. Typically you don’t really want to water so much that you get much or any runoff anyway.
    IMO if the water doesn’t pool and seems to get absorbed quickly when drenching the soil then I would say it’s safe to assume drainage is sufficient.

Ultimately, if your plants look healthy and happy that should be a sign that you’re in a good spot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Agreed!

The runoff was my first sign I had added too much water,I'm in that learning curve now.
    I have yet to see any pooling of any kind,I'd prolly need to dump two gallons from a bucket to see that!

I went out of my way to reproduce the NT using the highest quality inputs available knowing this is my permanent grow soil!

So nice not dumping soil for so many reasons.
    And looking at $$,using Malibu my mix was still about what I was paying for FFOF!

I have been saved!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Any links to the BM Maxi set up?

My #200 is full,mulched and clover planted and my saved Amazon BM is now "unavailable",my luck!

Dont I need the 6 pack Maxi?

20. So the 6 pack Maxi says it is for about 2.5 m² ,my SP is 50"/1.27.

So 3 should do it.
    I remember you saying you like less carrots and more added accessory dripers?

What's the difference if I just buy 2-3 Maxi carrots and just add 2-3 dripers?