Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Sorry to hear that! Hoping your next batch is twice what you expect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

3. Took a second round of clones this morning as I wait for the first round to show it's gender.
    Trying out these new biodegradable nursery potting bags, they are a tiny bit bigger then I would like but if they work I can just transplant them including the bag with minimal shock.
    IMG_3525.jpg IMG_3524.jpg

The moms (and dads) before I took clones, they seem to really like the new surface blumat ghetto swick!
    IMG_3523.jpg

Also, you can see on the above photo two Lotus Bays in nursery pots in the front. A few days ago I had a slight incident with them as I forgot to water them for a few days and I came to find this:
    IMG_3508.jpg

They looked really bad and the one on the right I was sure to be dead. Non the less i gave them a good watering and foliar sprayed the leaves each day. After a few hours the one on the left started to bounce back but the one on the right looked dead as a doorknob. I was going to toss it but fortunatly I left it and gave it a foliar every day. After 3 days I noticed a tiny top starting to grow so i trimmed most of the leaves and a few days later:
    IMG_3518.jpg

Just goes to show how relatively easy it is to recover from under watering!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Shows their will to live! Humbling, as I don't often see that in humans.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Snow Moon 1 = Female
    Snow Moon 3 = Male
    Panama 1 = Female
    Panama 2 = Female
    Panama 3 = ?

• Like Like x 5
  6. #2446 Sc00byD00bie, Sep 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    OK I'm sold on these pouch thingies!
    IMG_3537.jpg

Photo is a bit misleading as it doesnt seem like there are a lot of roots but these pouches are about 3" diameter, double then a typical root plug.
    These were just filled coir and kept in a plastic box with about 1/4" of water so the coir can wick. Coir is really great for this, even if sitting in a pool of water it will only wick a certain amount and will always stay fluffy and airy, It's perfect for cloning!

So im looking at the smartpot in my flower cab and im thinking why do I actually need this circular fabric pot, I have a tarp all around hook up to the frame of the tent!
    IMG_3538.jpg

So i cut the smartpot in all four corners and pushed the soil to fill everything up. Badabing badaboom and i just gained a whole lot more planting area!
    IMG_3545.jpg
    And as you can see already got the clones nice and cozy.
    Bottom row: 2x Panama F2-1
    Middle row: 3x Snow moon
    Top row: 2x Panama F2-2
    IMG_3548.jpg

:apache:

#LOG Transplanted Snow Moon + Panama

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. Do you have to rinse the coir or anything before you use it Scoob? I like the bags a lot too. Are they available in a smaller size?
    I think you really found a great answer to easy cloning. They look awesome!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. I did rinse the coir and gave it a soak in a H2O2 solution. I just eyeballed it with about 2 tablespoons of 30% H202 in a gallon of water. Maybe too much? I think @FickySiskers said he uses a cup of 3% in 5gallons of water for sterilization. I just let it sit for an hour then drained, that's it!

As for the pouches, these are the smallest I found on amazon. I actually like that they are a bit wide, makes them stand up sturdy when full. Here is the listing on amazon for ya:

I hope they are really biodegradable is advertised but even if not I would still keep using them, so much nicer then transplanting from plastic cups/nursery pots, i just plop the whole thing in the soil with the bag, and way cheaper then root plugs!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I've been using these peat pots they are also biodegradable seem to work good and no transplant shock 20180528_130252.jpg old pic

• Like Like x 3
  10. For the bud wash I use 1cup 3% h202 per 5 gallons.

For total sterilization use 20ml per gallon of 35% h202.

HTH

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. Interesting, have you been using them for long? I hear these peat pots are not so great for some reason (acidic peat, or IDK). Never tried them myself I just remember them having a bad rep.

• Like Like x 2
  12. about a year now...I fill them with wormcastings and perlite feed Alaskan fish fertilizer if needed while waiting to put into flower room. so far I like them they hold up well and absorb water from below easy to help pull water from above. I wish they were a little bigger but they work. I might try the bags you got see how I like them they seem bigger.

• Like Like x 3
  13. my worm castings have a neutral ph level

• Like Like x 2
  14. I may have been too hasty transplanting the clones...out of the 7 only 3 remain, the other 4 dried up. Most likely the roots were not developed enough and it gets mighty warm in my flower tent so they just died :oops::frown::angry::mad:
    I'm left with 2xSnow moon and 1xPanama #1.
    Oh well...Next time ill let them grow more roots before TP!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. That sucks but you know the remaining 3 are the strongest so they should be the best producers as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. sorry to hear man....hope the ones left give you their all

• Like Like x 2
  17. Survival of the fittest, ha! Funny I was thinking the same thing :) I'm just happy I got 2 of the snow moons left as they are the main attraction. The Panamas I'm not expecting much being F2's anyway.

Thanks! I'm sure they will, I've already informed them they must fill their fallen sisters quota, lol!

• Like Like x 2
  18. #2458 Sc00byD00bie, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
    Day 8 of flower for these girls. Snow moon mid and right, panama to the left.
    IMG_3570.jpg

Panama:
    IMG_3572.jpg

Snow moon:
    IMG_3573.jpg

Shame the other clones didnt make it but it looks like these three are enjoying it in the no-till :)

The surface blumat ghetto swick is rocking in my mother cabinet. I forgot how much swick watering boosts plant growth. I have to trim at least once a week or it becomes a jungle in there. It's so crazy i turned off half the lights and switched to a gas lantern light routine (12/5/2/5) IMG_3574.jpg

:apache:

#LOG flipped 22/9 after 6 days veg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Looks good Scooby! That’s a great testimonial to swick watering. Those babies are growing fast!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Day 15
    IMG_3585.jpg IMG_3586.jpg IMG_3588.jpg IMG_3589.jpg

• Like Like x 4