Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Duces wild!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hope your alive and well!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks bro :)
    Im currently voyaging (autocorrect says thats a word!)
    Will be back in a few minutes :)
    Hope everyone had a great 4/20!

• Like Like x 3
  4. How goes it Scoob? Hope you’re doing ok, especially considering all the crap happening over there right now. Stay safe brotha!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. The Yogi - (the one x the black) day 18 along with some Super Indian Mango Haze looking perky b4 lights on..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  6. Thanks brother! Just got back from vacay, but yeah there is certainly no shortage of 'action' around here... :/
    what's really sad is that we are so used to this it doesn't even seem out of the ordinary at this point. we have a saying about life in isrel "it's shit, but at least its our shit!". i think through the years we have learned to take our troubles with a sense of humor.

speaking of which.. came home to this:
    IMG_3295.jpg IMG_3297.jpg

RIP my mother plants... the second pic is my prized Panama, there is some green but I doubt there is any life in her. still, i've seen pepper plants come back so maybe can be a miracle.

what happened was, i had refreshed the water in my blumats just 48 hours before i left and initially they started to flood after a few hours, so I tightened them but there wasn't enough time for me to realize it was too much and they just dried up while i was gone.

moral of the story, if you need to leave your blumated plants untended for a period of time, make sure they are well calibrated and stable at least a week or two beforehand.

in the flower tent 3/4 of the GT's are looking good at 45ish days. ill get picks first chance im there with the lights on.

also dropped some seeds in water, some panama F2's i had in the fridge and a few Ace Nepal Jam.

:apache:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Really sorry to hear of your loss!
    here's to your new beans mate!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. thanks man!
    I try to look for the silver lining, i did lose some plants but i gained experience and a lesson. I keep trying different strains and always looking for a better plant. at least now i will be better prepared for when i do find a more special mother!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Glad to have you back brotha! Sucks about the mother plants, sorry to hear that. I know you’ll bounce right back though.
    Hope you had a great vacation!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Thanks mainah, its good to be back! :passing-joint:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Back into gear!

Golden Tigers now at day 49,
    IMG_3304.jpg IMG_3305.jpg IMG_3307.jpg IMG_3308.jpg
    looks like even a week in the smaller pots kept them small with very little stretch. next round i want to do the same but keep them in veg for a week instead of 2 days.

then again it will be a different strain so not a real comparison.
    speaking of which:
    IMG_3309.jpg 8 Panama F2's all hatched in unison after a 24H fulvic soak and a few hours rest. All got planted this morning along with 4 Nepalese Jam.

Here's to new beginnings! :vaping:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. All 7 Panama seeds have sprouted.
    IMG_3326.jpg

None of the Nepal Jam have sprouted yet. Im going to give them more time but just in case i just started soaking 4x Snow Moon and 3x Zamaldelica seeds, both from Ace seeds.

• Like Like x 6
  13. 3/4 Snow Moon are up. The Zamals died, dug up the seeds to see whats up and found them dead with a tiny taproot and some what looked like pot worms (small long thin translucent white with no black dot/eye) attached to the seed and root. weird thing is i haven't seen pot worms in my soil since a long time so these might be baby gnats larvae. i did see a solitaire gnat flying around my seedlings so...
    short research shows that coco coir can sometimes come with gnat eggs.. well FML, gonna have to sterilize my coir from now on!

• Like Like x 2
  14. That sucks about the Zamal’s but I’m glad you found the culprit right off. Great detective work there Scooby! You definitely deserve a Scooby snack for that one!

• Like Like x 4
  15. sucks yeah but the half full part is i only germinated 3 zamals and there are 11 more, I think. Got two 7 seed packs as freebies when getting my ace gear.

Thinking of germinating in RW cubes from now on, just to keep things sterile. IDK if I want to start boiling coir lol!

• Like Like x 3
  16. Howzit @Sc00byD00bie !

You dont have to boil it, just pour hot water to rehydrate and let cool. Also 1 drop of 3% peroxide in the water for a brief seed soak. Then use the same solution for wetting your coffee filter.

I hate tossing cubes or plugs for non germing seeds. Just my thing.

What I’ve been doing is cutting my potting mix by 50% with coco and aeration. Then wetting it with boiling water and mixing. Once it cools or the next day it gets put into the trays or solos. Once the seeds germ drop them in and off they go.

I feel your pain on the seeds, when I lost a small batch of testers i was given to run I was bummed. Then I got pissed. So far I’ve had 100% success. Now if my air quality would clear I would be a happy camper.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Hey scoobs been thinking bout your issue with the mothers. You should try bonsai mothers in quart containers with a low power LED. I use old yogurt containers. I keep them under a qb120 with a 12.5w driver. Still puts out 2500 lumens! Keeps them growing super slow, using not as much water, much easier to maintain imo. Just needs pruning every once and a while. Can go 2-3 days without watering.

You'll probably get a nice pheno from those new seeds. I've been using straight leaf mold with 95% success for seeds. I think it is probably worth it to presprout in paper towls though.

• Like Like x 3
  18. You can flush coco with a mix of neem oil peroxide and phed water and it will almost instantly destroy all gnats. The neem kills the adults and any fungus and the peroxide will dissolve the larvae and eggs and re oxygenate the coco.

"Genome Soldier..?"

• Like Like x 2
  19. Howdy Scoob good to see your still rocking along, I took about a 6month break and now back at it. Hope to see some great posts from ya come check my new venture out and offer advice ;) IMG_1239.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  20. Welcome back dude!
    looks like some happy plants in that tent, what you got going on there?